;

Author Topic: UNC  (Read 856 times)

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
UNC
« on: September 05, 2006, 01:54:39 PM »
UNC takes 75% of its students from in-state  :'(, anybody not from NC get accepted or applying? i'm thinking about applying but wondering what my chances really are since im not a NC resident
...man, you was who you was before you got here

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: UNC
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 02:03:40 PM »
UNC takes 75% of its students from in-state  :'(, anybody not from NC get accepted or applying? i'm thinking about applying but wondering what my chances really are since im not a NC resident

I've spoken to one of the UNC deans and he said that the median LSAT is about the same for in and out of state, but in state have greater variation.  Go for it if you're at or above their median.  If you're below (depending on how far below), your chance of admission drops sharply.  Basically, you have less room for error.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

Stephon Devante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UNC
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 01:01:36 PM »
From Ohio, got in with their top scholarship, 3.97, 166 LSAT (the LSAT is the lowest to receive their top scholarship, as far as I know).

Also a Republican which was a factor that set me apart from about 90% of their applicants, lol. That may or may not help you though.
Paradiso: Vanderbilt ($$), UNC ($$), Wake Forest ($$$$), William & Mary ($$)
Purgatorio: Duke (WL), Northwestern (WL)
Inferno: Texas, Michigan, Penn, Cornell, Virginia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?&cycle=0506&user=sdevante