Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: When should I start and with what?  (Read 463 times)

vsavatar

• Sr. Citizen
  • None
    • AOL Instant Messenger - VSAvatar
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - VSAvatar
    • View Profile
    • Ken Burger's Blog
When should I start and with what?
« on: August 20, 2004, 06:55:21 PM »
I plan on taking the LSAT in spring/summer of next year.  When should I start studying for it, and what should I start with?  I don't know what first step to take.  I took one practice LSAT awhile back and  I scored a 160 on it.  The logic games are what tore me up the worst.  Any advice you can give will be appreciated!
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=vsavatar

"They who would sacrifice essential liberty for a little temporary security deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin

ntsf

Re: When should I start and with what?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 07:19:20 PM »
Do you have a target score?

vsavatar

• Sr. Citizen
  • None
    • AOL Instant Messenger - VSAvatar
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - VSAvatar
    • View Profile
    • Ken Burger's Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 07:20:49 PM »
Well, I'd like a 180, but that's not going to happen.  If I can get high 160s or even 170 I think I could be satisfied with that.  My GPA is no problem as it's high 3.8s and will be about 3.9 by the time I graduate.  I just want to get into the best law school I can.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=vsavatar

"They who would sacrifice essential liberty for a little temporary security deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin

ntsf

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 07:25:21 PM »
From my experience, you can probably wait until 2-3 months before, and then take TM or something.  That would get you to where you'd have a score you'd be satisfied with (high 160s to 170)...