Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: List your 2 most coveted schools  (Read 22359 times)

thestradgirl

• LSD Obsessed
  • where dreams you dare to dream really do come true
    • MSN Messenger - hanui@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - thestradgirl
    • View Profile
Re: List your 2 most coveted schools
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2006, 01:47:41 PM »
everything is either too hot or too cold

/someone's high maintenance

Never said otherwise, Dr. Scissors!
this guy
------------------------------
I say that good painters imitated nature; but that bad ones vomited it.

Miguel de Cervantes (1547-1616)

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2006, 01:54:03 PM »
lol

paigeroo

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2006, 12:45:08 PM »
Yallllleeeee accept me please!  I'll do your dishes, fold your laundry, and be your best friend.  ;D

stephygator

• I don't use the word "hero" very often...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2006, 12:31:09 AM »
I'd say Vandy and then Vandy. So when all of you Yale/Harvard types get into Vandy, please let them know in a timely fashion you won't be coming so I can have your spot :)
William and Mary 2010

AlternaLex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2006, 12:33:48 AM »
Yallllleeeee accept me please!  I'll do your dishes, fold your laundry, and be your best friend.  ;D

It is going to take a lot more than this for you, "ton of interesting soft factors" or not.
Oooh!  Mr. How Dare You Accuse Me in an Attempt to Distract You From My Failure to Directly Answer Your Question and to Make You Feel Bad For Your Insistence!

Bob Loblaw

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2006, 12:53:19 AM »
UGA and Arizona

Ideally, one will accept me and one will reject me so I don't have to choose

Ravynous Elegance

• Sr. Citizen
  • aw the baby bunt! too bad he got big.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2006, 10:03:25 AM »
Vandy and Fordham. If I don't get in... I don't even want to think about that...
Vanderbilt University School of Law 2010

Brito

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ViolaLovesMusic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2006, 12:29:31 AM »
We all know that there are a lot of law school rankings out there. But what is your own personal preference? Where would you like to go if you got accepted, and under what conditions. Here is a list of my two most wanted schools:

1) Columbia + Hamilton Scholarship. For me this combination would beat any law school in the country, even Yale and Harvard. Top 5 school for free is basically the best outcome that I could imagine.
2) Michigan + Darrow Scholarship. Once again, going to a top ten law school for free beats Yale and Harvard for me.

1.  Virginia + a nice amount of money

2.  Chicago + some money

Though I agree that Columbia + Hamilton is absolutely the best thing anyone could get, whether they realize it or not.  I wouldn't think twice about taking that over Yale.
Harvard 2010

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2006, 12:38:09 AM »
We all know that there are a lot of law school rankings out there. But what is your own personal preference? Where would you like to go if you got accepted, and under what conditions. Here is a list of my two most wanted schools:

1) Columbia + Hamilton Scholarship. For me this combination would beat any law school in the country, even Yale and Harvard. Top 5 school for free is basically the best outcome that I could imagine.
2) Michigan + Darrow Scholarship. Once again, going to a top ten law school for free beats Yale and Harvard for me.

2.  Chicago + some money

Though I agree that Columbia + Hamilton is absolutely the best thing anyone could get, whether they realize it or not.  I wouldn't think twice about taking that over Yale.

No Harvard?  You want to leave our club?

:(
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

Brito

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ViolaLovesMusic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2006, 12:40:02 AM »

2.  Chicago + some money

No Harvard?  You want to leave our club?

:(

Harvard is #3.  I just want to show the love to UVa and UChi.

I like Michigan, too.  I just applied!

EDIT:  I love you, Michigan. 
Harvard 2010