Law School Discussion

Letters of Acceptance

Ithacabomber

• Place Personal Text Here
    • View Profile
Re: Letters of Acceptance
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2004, 01:15:39 PM »
Hey guys! Thanks for the quick responses. Sorry to here about rejects. Wonderful waits and accepts. I have received one reject from Univ of Buff. That was my "best" school I apped to and by the way Buffalo is a horrible city. I know theres an accept on its way. Good luck gang and keep ++++

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2004, 01:57:20 PM »

Hey Valerie, Keep plugging along and staying positive! I'm sure you would agree that it is much easier to take rejection if it happens quickly. One question for people, what is the standard protocol for acceptances? Is it always delivered in the mail, or are other means of notification used as well? I ask this because I have really bonded with my mail man recently...Paul

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2004, 02:15:04 PM »
i got an accept phone call the other day (my first :).
they said the letter would be coming soon, and i'd probably see some money a little bit later as well.

camelbx

• 164/2.95
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2004, 02:26:09 PM »
Accepted at Texas Tech with 5k/year.

Rejected at U. of Houston

2.9/164

Peece out!

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2004, 04:03:23 PM »
Congrats to everyone!!!!

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2004, 06:35:06 PM »
I applied in mid-January to seven different schools.  I got my first acceptance to University of Miami on January 28.  .

LSAT:  165
GPA:  3.39

lawstudent2004

• 160 LSAT and 3.48 GPA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2004, 06:10:17 AM »
My application was complete for five schools by mid January.  I received my first acceptance letter on February 7. 

Ithacabomber

• Place Personal Text Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2004, 06:28:14 AM »
Congrats on Accepts! Keep being positive.

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2004, 08:10:48 AM »
pworth- like justme said, some schools will call you with the good news.  Ive heard of other schools even sending emails.  But i think most are so busy that they use standard mail.

ive come to the reality that im probably not going to get into my first choice, denver, bc it should be harder to get into than michigan state, and i got rejected from michigan state.  Oh well........

does anyone else determine their probability based on those standards also? 

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2004, 02:01:35 PM »
Hey now, if this is supposed to be positive, no makin fun of other cities!  My first acceptance was from Buffalo, and it is not a horrible city, it just depends on what your definition of a "horrible city" is.