Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: addendum to explain CEGEp  (Read 3435 times)

gillesthegreat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: addendum to explain CEGEp
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 06:43:14 PM »
LSAC has no business considering your CEGEP grades. The GPA they care about is the undergrad alone, not the High school grades (CEGEP is considered High school).

Penn (2007)

Geo_Storm

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just parked it under tree. I didn't drive in
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 07:48:07 PM »
CEGEP is post-secondary education. 29 of the credits towards my undergrad degree came from CEGEP so it makes sense to consider them. Plus, it's kind of unfair not to count the high grades I get in Chem 101 and Physics 101 and Calculus 1 and 2 when all the American students get them counted towards their GPA. At any rate, my 89.5 at Marianopolis became a 3.54. I wonder it takes to get a 4.0 then.  ???
THE LSN is here. PLZ post on my LSN profile.

I wish I had more fingers to cross.

gillesthegreat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 07:57:23 PM »
It's post-secondary, but it's not undergraduate. I didn't send that crap to LSAC, and no one ever asked. Then again, my grades did suck hard.
Penn (2007)

Geo_Storm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 08:24:06 PM »
It's post-secondary, but it's not undergraduate. I didn't send that crap to LSAC, and no one ever asked. Then again, my grades did suck hard.

I don't think you're the only one. A lot of people have some pretty awful grades in CEGEP. But seems like my grades helped my LSAC GPA so no complaints.

Geo_Storm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 04:26:12 PM »
I just got royally screwed by LSAC concerning my CEGEP marks. Because both cegeps I attended give number grades (Cegep de la Gaspesie and Dawson College) they used the LSAC GPA conversion scale. I should have a 3.43 GPA with my University marks as well but instead have a 3.06 which puts me out of the running for any good law school pretty much. And by the way, according to them an 89.5% from Dawson would only translate to a 3.0 GPA.

After today, there's no way no one in North America has not heard of Dawson College or has not been exposed to what a CEGEP is. Unfortunately... I walked by that block earlier today, it was scary.

gillesthegreat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2006, 04:27:19 PM »
SRC (CBC in french) mentions the 4 most important school shootings in Canada: 3 of them were in Montreal. What's wrong with my city?
Penn (2007)

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
  • Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2006, 05:34:23 PM »
I just got royally screwed by LSAC concerning my CEGEP marks. Because both cegeps I attended give number grades (Cegep de la Gaspesie and Dawson College) they used the LSAC GPA conversion scale. I should have a 3.43 GPA with my University marks as well but instead have a 3.06 which puts me out of the running for any good law school pretty much. And by the way, according to them an 89.5% from Dawson would only translate to a 3.0 GPA.

After today, there's no way no one in North America has not heard of Dawson College or has not been exposed to what a CEGEP is. Unfortunately... I walked by that block earlier today, it was scary.

Jesus, I was thinking exactly the same thing when I heard about it this afternoon.  And then I was like, "How did I know Dawson College is a CEGEp?"  And then I remembered this thread.
Pish, J only wants to waste YOUR time.  Get wise.

Geo_Storm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2006, 07:25:45 PM »

Jesus, I was thinking exactly the same thing when I heard about it this afternoon.  And then I was like, "How did I know Dawson College is a CEGEp?"  And then I remembered this thread.

Not good, i dont want to go to school tomorrow.

gillesthegreat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 07:44:55 PM »
Hey ... I had to go to class the day after Polytechnique, and we were less than half a mile away from the events. Suck it up.
Penn (2007)

MorningStar

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2006, 12:31:22 PM »
Hey Gilles,
I too have bad Cegep grades and would love to not have to submit my Cegep transcripts.  This didn't cause you any problems with U.S schools?

Also do you have any experience with OLSAS (ontario law schools)?  Is it possible to just not submit your CEGEP grades to OLSAS and move forward with Ontario applications.  It's bad enough that according to OLSAS and my schools grading scale A+ becomes 4.0 and A becomes 3.7.  Why not make A+ 4.0 and leave A a 4.0, most of my teachers state openly they never under any circumstances give an A+. bah!