Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Okay, I'm coming out. ImM Gay. I don't like women! - long rant  (Read 2739 times)

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
So I'm finishing my first week of a paralegal program (don't ask) offered at the Community College.  The lady who runs the program graduated from Mcgeorge, a tier 1 at her time, seems quite intellgent.  She tought my first class. 45 people, about 5 guys, 40 ladies.

Not surprisingly, the age group averages about 35 years old.  I have never, ever, ever seen the amount of kiss-assing, brown-nosing, (I don't want to use gunner because these people are clueless) loudmouths.  They NEVER SHUT UP.  It's a 3 hour class where if a question is asked, at least 10 women will YELL out an answer, all of which were terribly wrong.  Then they giggle and laugh some more, I'm telling you this is worse than high school, (although I can't compare because I went to an all boys school). 

Next class, can't possibly be the same right?  Same teacher, same people, same kiss assing and same screaming, and same wrong answers.  The 5 guys just looked at each other confused, frustrated, wondering what the hell did we get ourselves into.  Next class.  A male Professor, graduated from UCLA, a practicing attorney, taught law school but quit because he hated law school students because they thought they knew everything.  So he teaches paralegal studies?  His reasoning may have been sound, but as soon as he opened his mouth, the girls shouted out questions.  He then went on to to tell why he didn't like teaching law students.  This had NO effect on the CLASS.  KISS-ASSing, yelling out answers, (wrong again) and the prof says, "look, I just heard 10 answers but couldn't make make out one, please raise you hand, one response at a time please.  Get back from the break, the professor was not back, and there was so much chatter going on in the room it literally made my ears ring.  He comes back, same thing all over again.

What is happening is that "most" of these students work in the legal profession, in one way or another, and think they know more than everybody else.  As I already said, they don't.  The professor eventually said if this continues, I'm going to go back to taching law students.  That was his nice way of saying, I'm new here, SHUT THE @#!* UP!

I have never seen such absurduty in my life.  Ladies, please tell me I should not base my gayness on this sampling of female students.  I went there to meet women, not hear a bunch of rude obnoxious screaming women who probably say they cured cancer if asked.

I will say what I believe.  I firmly believe that these "people" have never been to a formal higher learning instition (this is still a commuity college remember), and now that they are, they feel they must show their superiority over everyone else by YELLING SCREAMING, KISS-ASSing because that's what they learned on the job(the kiss-assing on the job I mean) I suppose.

Ladies, your gender is over represented in these classes, why are they making it worse on themselves?  35 year old women with children, YELLING SCREAMING, STUPID ANECDOTES, what in the hell did I get myself into?  Well, off to my last class of the week.  (I'm bringing ear plugs tonight) Oh. I have URM status, under represented male.

If you think I am exaggerating, think again.  I'm strongly questioning my sexual orientation just after 3 days of dealing with women who may as well be strung out on crack, because that what it seems to me.  Hose me down and call me Fester!

@#!*!

Oh, have a nice evening everyone, I won't.
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

foxnewssucks

Re: Okay, I'm coming out. ImM Gay. I don't like women! - long rant
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 08:09:09 PM »
Why is there a 40 to 5 ratio?  Too bad they are not younger.   ;)

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attending: Notre Dame
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 08:10:25 PM »
Yeah, your complaining about this situation, with such a ratio in your favor?  I would be thanking my lucky stars (if I were still single), even if they were annoying.  Just tune them out.

Thanks and Gig 'Em,
Jason

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 08:15:10 PM »
I'm sure it's not all the women there, but a handful can sure *seem* like all of them.

I'd open my mouth at a time before the teacher showed up, and say some off hand comment about not being assholes and raising your hand instead of just shouting out stupid crap.  And loud enough so everyone can hear.  I'm sure more people would appreciate it than you think.

But then again, I've been called a female dog, so this may not be the *best* way.  You could just go up to the professor/teacher at the end of class and explain your frustrations and maybe she/he could say something LOUD and CLEAR right at the start, before all the yelling and shouting starts.

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 08:41:26 PM »
I'm sure it's not all the women there, but a handful can sure *seem* like all of them.

I'd open my mouth at a time before the teacher showed up, and say some off hand comment about not being assholes and raising your hand instead of just shouting out stupid crap.  And loud enough so everyone can hear.  I'm sure more people would appreciate it than you think.

But then again, I've been called a female dog, so this may not be the *best* way.  You could just go up to the professor/teacher at the end of class and explain your frustrations and maybe she/he could say something LOUD and CLEAR right at the start, before all the yelling and shouting starts.

But they've already shown their true colors, hence my tainted view, and the female professor encourages this type of crap, because she likes the kiss ass comments, even calls herself the "queen" of the class.  No lie.  Plus I don't want to learn about torts, evidience, I'll save that for law school, but I have to take these classes to get to the ones i want:  Efficient legal research techniques, hopefully some sort of billing system, administrative stuff, you know, the kind of stuff I want to know should I open up my own practice after law school.  I do understand why paralegals need to get to the basics of the law sure, but I wouldn't hire any of these ladies.  And your right Jacy, it's not all 40 women, it's about ten, they ARE SO f-ing LOUD.  I would think they would have learned proper manners at least by their age of 35. 
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 08:44:13 PM »
Some people will *never* learn proper manners.  I figure the earlier I accept this, the less let down with people I'll be throughout life.   :-\

Skittles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2004, 07:32:14 AM »
Well, first off, these kinds of women are just one TYPE.  They don't represent all women, or even most women.  You have to understand that for these women these classes are their social events.  Like you said, they're all married and/or have kids... so this is their social life.  And you've crashed their party.  I suggest you play along or just stop going to class.  When I get into classes with obnoxious people, I just stop going. 

M2

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2004, 01:44:10 AM »
1. There are some hot 35 year olds
2. When you are 50 you will kill to bang a 35 year old.
3. I have had WAY too much to drink
4. WTF??? Your class is full of WOMEN

M2

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2004, 01:50:12 AM »
oh and in slashdot style..

5. profit???

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
  • Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2004, 01:54:29 AM »
Hahaha, no profit.  Slashdotters work on OSS.  Free as in free beer.
Drawing dead, serving 25 to life.