Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: experience with LSDAS...  (Read 5465 times)

M2

Re: experience with LSDAS...
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2004, 10:06:10 PM »
Thanks, Good to be back. I haven't heard anything about how LSDAS looks at our transcripts - which probably is a good thing.

NYC is definitely my first choice. After that, its either Cali, rest of the east coast, or Florida.

I'm sorry but you aren't allowed to apply to anywhere in NYC.
Choose someplace else please

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2004, 11:35:37 AM »
I'm going to BUMP this topic again ...

it appears as if I'm the only Canadian here actually serious about attending a US school.  Hope i'm not too lonely  :'(

letmeinplz

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2004, 01:38:46 AM »
hey you're not alone  ;D

I'm also very serious about attending a US school..  pretty busy lately taking care of my applications, and still not quite done yet.. :-[

I sent my transcript to LSDAS on the last week of August, and it took about 2 weeks for them to process it.  I'm not sure which Canadian university you go to, but my UBC grades got converted based on letter grades only (A+ -> 4.33, A -> 4.00, etc.)  I'm pretty sure they're not gonna use their 98-100 -> 4.33 scale, so no panic there.

btw, which school do you go to?  it appears that the mean GPA of LS applicants from UBC is 2.99 and the mean LSAT is 155..  No grade inflation here  ;D
171/3.78
In: Cornell, Columbia, Penn, NYU
Waitlist: Chicago (guaranteed spot for next year), Michigan, Harvard
Out: Stanford, Yale, Boalt

LSN: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=gunrx93

Fingers crossed!

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2004, 02:47:59 AM »
I go to UofT...

thanks for the info.  I"ll let you know UofT's stats after they process my transcripts.  I was worried they were gonna use that 98-100 thingy.

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2004, 03:16:24 AM »
I go to UofT...

thanks for the info.  I"ll let you know UofT's stats after they process my transcripts.  I was worried they were gonna use that 98-100 thingy.

I heard as well that they don't use that.  That would be murder and totally unfair.  I mean a 98% is simply unreachable.
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2004, 11:20:09 AM »
well ...

it depends I guess.  In US school's their class averages are like 85ish.  I think getting a 98 would be a lot easier that way.