Law School Discussion

« on: August 21, 2006, 11:11:49 PM »
  ;

Re: my chances
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 11:43:05 PM »
Hi! There is a UGPA/LSAT on www.lsac.org , where you can see the possibility of admission at every ABA-approved law school based on last years admissions... If your extracurriculars are really impressive you might add a little bit at the calculated possibility...

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 05:31:01 AM »
Go Terps!!! You can also check lawschoolnumbers.com to compare your stats with others

Barney

• 1L who should have better things to do
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 07:04:10 AM »
Your numbers put you on the borderline for a lot of really good schools.  I wouldn't get your heart set on top 14 (unless you bump that LSAT up a bit--the new LSAT reporting policies will likely drive average scores up a bit, and it's in your best interest to take the test twice if you need to) but you're in great shape for higher tier one and virtually any tier 2 school (where you could likely expect money even).

xk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 08:29:56 AM »
You will need to much better than a 160 if you are set on the t-14 or even the t-20.  Unless you are a URM, your numbers will keep you out, regardless of soft factors. 

With regards to a VAST number of ECs, depth of involvement always trump quantity.  Good luck!