Law School Discussion

Are there any top ranked schools you wouldnt even consider?

->Soon

• View Profile
Re: Are there any top ranked schools you wouldnt even consider?
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2006, 11:25:47 AM »
Austin is just so dinky though...

Tis' true, and also my main discouragement to returning. If you're not doing IP, or aren't in some other way connected to IT or medical research, you can forget working in Austin and making a decent living. It's too bad, but by all rights, the city is doing a lot better than should've been expected.

im thinking immigration at small frm.  that way, i can maybe still sometimes get in on a suit of a big corp!

hate them sooooooo much!

Reach

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2006, 11:31:54 AM »
I would never apply to Columbia, New York University, Stanford, or Berkely because I feel strongly about the places they are located.  The same goes for Harvard, Chicago, and Northwestern, but so far I haven't been able to talk myself out of applying to them.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2006, 11:38:16 AM »
I wouldnt mind San fran or Berkley.

Dont know about Stanford.

2 far out of the way...

Reach

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2006, 11:40:54 AM »
If Stanford could somehow withdraw from California and become an independent state, I would be all over it.

dividebyzero

• Motherf*ckin' Snakes On A Plane!
    • MSN Messenger - daedelus_rex@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2006, 11:58:31 AM »
If Stanford could somehow withdraw from California and become an independent state, I would be all over it.

Who doesn't like California?  ???

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 12:08:56 PM »

i think i would, but sooooooooooooo $$$$$$$!

dividebyzero

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 12:25:48 PM »

*raises hand*

The bulk of it is terrible land with terrible weather, and the nice parts are terribly overpriced and inhabited by terrible people. 

Other than that, it's great.

Whaaa???
Wait a minute, are you talking about a specific part of California?
I hated the prices and the people in California, but there wasn't anywhere I went to that had *terrible* weather; certainly not compared to the effing Mid Atlantic.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 12:35:29 PM »
not too picky, are ya?

dividebyzero

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2006, 12:45:47 PM »

*raises hand*

The bulk of it is terrible land with terrible weather, and the nice parts are terribly overpriced and inhabited by terrible people. 

Whaaa???
I hated the prices and the people in California, but there wasn't anywhere I went to that had *terrible* weather; certainly not compared to the effing Mid Atlantic.

Well, most of my experience is in Southern California, but I also said that "the bulk" of  California had terrible land and terrible weather.  Anything an hour or more inland, from Mexico to San Jose is hotter than hell, dry, barren, and miserable.  The coast is nice, the beaches are nice, Tahoe is nice, Humbolt is nice, etc, but that's a small chunk of the State's land mass.

Hahaha, and here I was about to add a caveat specific to the Death Valley areas. No wonder you hated it! The parts inland from the Bay on northward are quite lush, it's where most of the agriculture is produced. Now, if you're talking about going even further out, towards the state borders, then yes, it's pretty miserable. Although, I personally happen to like deserts.

In any case, I totally agree that California is ridiculously expensive in all of the places in which it would be worthwhile to live. Between real estate, insane gas prices and its concomittant increases in costs of living (especially for what you get for your dolllar), and the unbelievably shallow and vapid people that seemed to make up the bulk of Californians, I couldn't ever *settle* there.

However, I kick my own mother in the c*nt if it meant getting in to Stanford...jsia.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 12:48:56 PM »

*raises hand*

Whaaa???

Well, most of my experience is in Southern California, but I also said that "the bulk" of  California had terrible land and terrible weather.  Anything an hour or more inland, from Mexico to San Jose is hotter than hell, dry, barren, and miserable.  The coast is nice, the beaches are nice, Tahoe is nice, Humbolt is nice, etc, but that's a small chunk of the State's land mass.

Hahaha, and here I was about to add a caveat specific to the Death Valley areas. No wonder you hated it! The parts inland from the Bay on northward are quite lush, it's where most of the agriculture is produced. Now, if you're talking about going even further out, towards the state borders, then yes, it's pretty miserable. Although, I personally happen to like deserts.

In any case, I totally agree that California is ridiculously expensive in all of the places in which it would be worthwhile to live. Between real estate, insane gas prices and its concomittant increases in costs of living (especially for what you get for your dolllar), and the unbelievably shallow and vapid people that seemed to make up the bulk of Californians, I couldn't ever *settle* there.

However, I kick my own mother in the c*nt if it meant getting in to Stanford...jsia.

that just needs to be quoted for future generations to read.,....