Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Stuff Thread  (Read 2293 times)

Naval Aviator

• Sr. Citizen
  • Goin vert
    • View Profile
Re: The Stuff Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2004, 12:34:26 PM »

After that, I am with Annie on the purse collection! No Chanel's though, just Prada, Burberry, Louis V and Gucci. (Thanks Mom).

What is with the hand bags ladies? Now granted, I am all for owning nice things, but don't you find it excessive to have a $1100 hand bag to carry your make-up and cell phone in. Besides, the fake LV, pradas, and cooch hand bags are becoming more and more like the real ones. It just seems outta control to me. Anybody feel the same way paying into the thousands for a bag?
Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again

Munkeysgrrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2004, 01:05:58 PM »

After that, I am with Annie on the purse collection! No Chanel's though, just Prada, Burberry, Louis V and Gucci. (Thanks Mom).

What is with the hand bags ladies? Now granted, I am all for owning nice things, but don't you find it excessive to have a $1100 hand bag to carry your make-up and cell phone in. Besides, the fake LV, pradas, and cooch hand bags are becoming more and more like the real ones. It just seems outta control to me. Anybody feel the same way paying into the thousands for a bag?

Yes!!

I own exactly 2 purses, one from Express and 1 Puma Messenger; 1 nice one, one functional.  Maybe that will change if I make $$ as a lawyer, but even then I am not a purse girl. 
Check out this pathetic stuff:

1993 Saturn
Audio: hmm CD player in car broke ages ago..cheap boom box hand me down (i love saying boom box)
Watch: Cynthia Rowley delicate tiny one from my boy- never wear it.
Camera: none- disposables
DVD: 2- Meet the Parents and Christmas Vacation (nuthin like a Griswold Xmas!)
Favorite possession: My 5 lb yorkie, Sampson.  :D   

Loyola LA Here I Come!!

thechoson

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2004, 02:30:48 PM »
yea, the red and black is a GMT. there also a black and gold GMT as well. Dsong's confused

im sending it to you so you check it out.  its a submariner with a red/blue bezel bought in france.  its unique, just like my wife's cartier tank with the black dial, or her panerai with a red dial and red straps. 

Are you serious, or are you just shitting me? Or is this my salary for the 1st year to carry your balls?

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2004, 02:37:09 PM »
yea, the red and black is a GMT. there also a black and gold GMT as well. Dsong's confused

im sending it to you so you check it out.  its a submariner with a red/blue bezel bought in france.  its unique, just like my wife's cartier tank with the black dial, or her panerai with a red dial and red straps. 

Are you serious, or are you just shitting me? Or is this my salary for the 1st year to carry your balls?

im most likely shitting you about the sending the watch, as i have to get permission from my wife.  but it is a red/blue bezel. and it says submariner on it.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

Shoes

• AOL Instant Messenger - HeeledShoes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2004, 06:45:46 PM »
Dsong, did you buy it as a preowned??  Is it a 60 minute bezel or a 24 hour bezel??  (the numbers on the bezel)

Changing the sticker on the GMT is not a problem at all.  And yes, it is a simple sticker that costs all of 50 bucks and then you have to re-register the watch with the new colors listed so Rolex has track of it.  But a Sub can only have black and black only.  The only thing I can guess is that maybe they put a GMT sticker on it or it's a vintage version that I dont' know about.

Shoes

• AOL Instant Messenger - HeeledShoes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2004, 06:49:10 PM »
Naval Aviator, the fakes may seem real to you, but anyone who truly knows the lines knows when it's a fake.  For instance, I've seen so many people with the white Louis Vuitton Murakami in the cylinder shape.  Sure they might look real - excpet for the fact that LV never made the white Murakami in that style.  True, that most people wouldn't know which is real or fake, but there are also lots of people who would know.  Besides, they last soooooooo much longer.

Ladies, who is that designer that is making the new leather bag that almost looks like a layered skirt?  It has layers of leather ruffles almost.  Sounds ugly, but I think they're kind of fun. 

lexylit

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2004, 06:57:24 PM »
hmm, i'm not embarrassed to carry a fake. don't think i would care if it were easily spottable. am superattached to the $10 pseudoprada mom found in NY and passed down.

Ginatio

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2004, 06:58:54 PM »
hmm, i'm not embarrassed to carry a fake. don't think i would care if it were easily spottable. am superattached to the $10 pseudoprada mom found in NY and passed down.

one person in a million knows enough about purses to be able to spot a fake one anyway *cough*shoes*cough*

londongirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2004, 06:59:26 PM »
car: none. I cycle everywhere in my handbuilt bike. handbuilt in Stratford upon Avon. I LOVE it!
watch: Cartier Santos (stainless steel)
music player: Panasonic cd player
dvds: All 5 series of Sex and the City, Westwing, French films and cheese.
bags: none that are expensive or noteworthy
camera: Sony digital, 5 megapixels.
favourite item: I dunno, my ibook? No, I'd have to say books, photos and diaries. I'm also big on scrapbooks. I'd die if any of that stuff went.

inthesun

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2004, 07:14:43 PM »

one person in a million knows enough about purses to be able to spot a fake one anyway *cough*shoes*cough*

I'm that one person...  :D