Law School Discussion

How does LSAC deal with A+ grades?

Re: How does LSAC deal with A+ grades?
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 05:50:45 PM »
Why are people who have no idea about this answering the question? LSAC gives you a 4.33 for an A+, 4 for an A, 3.66 for an A-, and so on. End of story.
never mind... my mistake

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 05:57:16 PM »
Why are people who have no idea about this answering the question? LSAC gives you a 4.33 for an A+, 4 for an A, 3.66 for an A-, and so on. End of story.
Because people like you confuse a number of us with false information like this. The highest GPA reported by the lsac is 4.00

Grades are converted by LSAC to a standard 4.0 system in order to furnish law schools with a uniform basis for comparing applicants. LSAC-member schools, in establishing the LSDAS, have selected a common set of numerical values to represent the various grading systems used by colleges. This system may vary from that of the college which you attended.

Actually, it is he who has the correct information, and you who are giving the false information.  A 4.0 scale doesn't necessarily imply that 4.0 is the highest points given.  Here is the exact set of data from the link Cady posted:

4.33 A+ 1+ 98-100

4.33 for an A+.  Many people have complained about this, seeing that most schools do NOT have a grading system that includes A+s, but it is what it is, I doubt it makes too much difference.

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2006, 06:10:20 PM »
Because people like you confuse a number of us with false information like this. The highest GPA reported by the lsac is 4.00

Grades are converted by LSAC to a standard 4.0 system in order to furnish law schools with a uniform basis for comparing applicants. LSAC-member schools, in establishing the LSDAS, have selected a common set of numerical values to represent the various grading systems used by colleges. This system may vary from that of the college which you attended.

Actually, it is he who has the correct information, and you who are giving the false information.  A 4.0 scale doesn't necessarily imply that 4.0 is the highest points given.  Here is the exact set of data from the link Cady posted:

4.33 A+ 1+ 98-100

4.33 for an A+.  Many people have complained about this, seeing that most schools do NOT have a grading system that includes A+s, but it is what it is, I doubt it makes too much difference.
Damn it. OK i apoligize, i guess i misread the table.

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2006, 06:48:07 PM »
Wait a second, i was sure that LSAC's highest GPA is 4.0. So an A+ or an A- both equal 4.0.

Wrong.

There are applicants who have 4+ GPA scores after LSAC adjustment.  Check LSN.

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2006, 06:48:32 PM »
Turns out that was overkill.  You've already been informed.

I'll leave it anyway, since it's fun to be snarky.

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2006, 06:48:57 PM »
HEHEHE...I WOULD be one of those dirty people with a 4.0+, but my damn school doesn't give A+s.

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2006, 10:03:13 AM »
HEHEHE...I WOULD be one of those dirty people with a 4.0+, but my damn school doesn't give A+s.

I think it is unfair, because my GPA would definitely be higher if my school gave out A+s.  It gives those people whose schools do an unfair advantage.

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2006, 03:10:17 PM »

I think it is unfair, because my GPA would definitely be higher if my school gave out A+s.  It gives those people whose schools do an unfair advantage.
Agreed. Now wonder some schools have much higher mean GPA's than others... those lucky bastards.

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2006, 03:40:20 PM »
I agree, it definately is unfair.  Lots of people have tried to get LSAC to change it, obviously with no success though.