Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of San Diego  (Read 1078 times)

becca

• View Profile
University of San Diego
« on: February 09, 2004, 02:14:13 PM »

I was wondering if any current students or admitted students at USD thought I had a chance of getting in with a 157 lsat and 3.94 GPA. I know that my lsat is lower than the median so I'm a bit concerned. Also I'm in the Marine Corps and played 4 years of division one tennis as an undergrad. I haven't heard anything though and was just wondering what people have been hearing. Thanks for the info. Also if anyone from the area could comment on Cal Western's reputation w/in S.D. I would be grateful.

drewpac

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: University of San Diego
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 08:09:06 PM »
I think you'd have a good shot at USD with that GPA as long as it was from a decent school.  Also, they will love that you were a marine and a division one athlete.  A good friend of mine is an ex-marine and he got into USC with a 3.3 and 155 LSAT.  So I think your chances are better than average, but by no means is it a slam dunk.  Good luck.

bobfett33

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 03:45:06 AM »
Hi, Becca.  I've applied at San Diego with a 167 and a 3.2, but I haven't heard anything yet.  In any case, I love to play tennis (my dad is the head pro up at the Multnomah Athletic Club in Portland, Oregon).  If we both get into USD, we should play sometime! 

becca

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 01:50:41 PM »

Sounds great Bob...be nice to get back out on the court after the season is over. I used to play/teach at a tennis club right down the hill from USD so the courts are close by. What is your #1 choice school? I'm from S.D. so that's where I want to go...

bobfett33

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2004, 01:02:53 AM »
Becca - first of all, you should IM me sometime.  My screen name is Bobfett33.  USD is probably my 3rd or 4th choice - behind UC Berkeley and UCLA, maybe Notre Dame. 

Hope to hear from you soon!           -Troy  (it's not Bob  ;) )