Law School Discussion

Law School is REAL SON! DON'T GET IT TWISTED!

TruOne

• I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
Law School is REAL SON! DON'T GET IT TWISTED!
« on: August 17, 2006, 07:06:34 PM »
SON!!! IT'S REAL OUT HERE IN THESE STREETS OF ATHENS!

Why didn't none of ya'll tell me Law School was gonna be like this?

I've done more reading in ONE WEEK than I did my entire Senior Year of Undergrad.

Why do i feel like I'm back in Middle School?

- Lockers
- Lockermates
- Assigned seats
- Homework
- Same Mofo's in every class
- PACKED LUNCHES!?!

I swear I'm gonna swing on the next 2L that comes up to me and gives me that "Awww. . . it'll be ok, you just gotta deal with it" Look.

On the real tho:
I like Crim, Property, Torts, Legal Writing (so far), but Contrats and Civ. Pro is confusing hte hell outta me. We've been on the same damn case for the past three days. C'mon! Just figure out who had proper jurisdiction and move on!!!

Anyhow, what's good with ya'll?

mivida2k

• Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
Re: Law School is REAL SON! DON'T GET IT TWISTED!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 08:00:46 PM »
Oooopps- thought you knew. :o

Nowhere Man

• You know who is a Blackstar? Who? Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 09:41:10 PM »
I will start on Monday. I have Contracts, Civ Pro, Property, Legal Writing and Torts. When I get some time, I will describe my first week in this very thread.

jrosh

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 08:25:53 AM »
SON!!! IT'S REAL OUT HERE IN THESE STREETS OF ATHENS!

Why didn't none of ya'll tell me Law School was gonna be like this?

I swear I'm gonna swing on the next 2L that comes up to me and gives me that "Awww. . . it'll be ok, you just gotta deal with it" Look.
\

:D :D

TruOne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 09:52:22 AM »
Here is what makes Law School so difficult. Anybody would a High School reading level can understand the cases. It is the fact that the Professors don't focus on the ruling or "What happened at the end of the day" but they focus on the building blocks that the Judges used to come to their decision.

Sullivan v. O'Connor is a simple Breach of Contract case, however we have spent three days focussing on whether the courts want to allow patients to sue Doctor's based on not fufilling "Theaurputic Promises" cuz if they do then it might force Dr's to practice "Defensive Medicine" and on and on and on and on.

The Professors make stuff more difficult becaus you don't understand WHERE THEY ARE GOING!!! The exams is not what the case said, but what the Professor said. But you have to follow the Professor's breadcrumbs that he leaves on the ground for you.

It's a test of patience.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 11:13:52 AM »
We tried to told ya, son

shaz

• University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 11:14:15 AM »
Here is what makes Law School so difficult. Anybody would a High School reading level can understand the cases. It is the fact that the Professors don't focus on the ruling or "What happened at the end of the day" but they focus on the building blocks that the Judges used to come to their decision.

Sullivan v. O'Connor is a simple Breach of Contract case, however we have spent three days focussing on whether the courts want to allow patients to sue Doctor's based on not fufilling "Theaurputic Promises" cuz if they do then it might force Dr's to practice "Defensive Medicine" and on and on and on and on.

The Professors make stuff more difficult becaus you don't understand WHERE THEY ARE GOING!!! The exams is not what the case said, but what the Professor said. But you have to follow the Professor's breadcrumbs that he leaves on the ground for you.

It's a test of patience.

i guess that's why we are supposed to wait to start our outlines.  

so, how do you like uga so far?  

TruOne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 03:14:30 PM »
I like UGA just fine, it is a DEFINITIE 360 compared to being at an all male/all black school in the middle of ATLANTA for the past 4 years.

But I'm still chuggin' along, trying to find my way in this sea of Overachievers and intellectuals

jarhead

• "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 10:55:41 AM »
man...im sooo glad i have more to go on than undergrad

Kevin26.2

• i love this movie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 10:58:47 AM »
see, now had you gone to IOWA, you'd have gone through a one week orientation that would ahve told you all this, haha.

nah tho for real. its really real out here too. we just had a small taste so we know what to expect, but yea.