Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Which Ethnic Group Do You Most Likely Become Friends?  (Read 699 times)

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Which Ethnic Group Do You Most Likely Become Friends?
« on: August 17, 2006, 12:34:30 PM »
Which of the following ethnic group do you most likely to be friends with and what were your pesonal experiences with the other ethnic groups?

1) White
2) Hispanics ( if any subgroup such as Meixans, Puerto Ricans, Venezueleans, etc.)
3) East Asians (Chinese, Japanese, and Korean)
4) Southeast Asians (Filipino, Indonesian, Malays, Thai, etc.)
5) South Asians (Indians, Pakistanians, etc.)
6) Mixed people with some black characteristics. 

ADL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Which Ethnic Group Do You Most Likely Become Friends?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 02:47:03 PM »
Which of the following ethnic group do you most likely to be friends with and what were your pesonal experiences with the other ethnic groups?

1) White - i have very close friends who are & my ex is also.  my experiences w/them have been pretty much the same as my black friends.  same sort of issues when it comes to relationships, hanging out & such.  they only difference seems to be in the way we grew up.  most of them have grown up in suburban areas.  most of my white friends have traveled more.
2) Hispanics ( if any subgroup such as Meixans, Puerto Ricans, Venezueleans, etc.)my best friend in H.S. was & still is PR.  I have several latina friends, but one latino friend.  experience is s/a.  The funny thing about my latina friends is, i have some who show a lot of pride in who they are & some who are proud but don't show it in the same way & they're accused of being "americanized".
3) East Asians (Chinese, Japanese, and Korean)- i have 1 friend.  she's great!  although she gets accused of being too "americanized" also.
4) Southeast Asians (Filipino, Indoesian, Malays, Thai, etc.)no friends yet..
5) South Asians (Indians, Pakistanians, etc.) no friends yet...
6) Mixed people with some black characteristics. no friends yet... 

headmistress

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 03:28:16 PM »
I get along with all ethnic groups but I usually become close friends with black folks and asian folks (east mostly since i just come across them more)

RockyMarciano

• Sr. Citizen
  • Invading Ithaca this Fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 12:42:57 PM »
I get along with everybody. I have friends that are Arabs, Filipinos, White, and Indian. My girlfriend is also African-American. She had a hard time getting used to an inter-racial relationship.
www.cpixel.com is the ghetto myspace