Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Meeting ppl from the internet  (Read 25652 times)

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Meeting ppl from the internet
« on: August 19, 2004, 02:49:14 PM »
Alright. So today I'm going to go lunch w/ these two girls that I've been emailing back and forth w/ and we are in the same classes.

I'm actually kinda nervous for some reason. I'm hoping that this could become a good study group, but what if we don't really get along? That would mean that I would have to shop for a new study group during orientation. I like meeting ppl but I just get so shy in very large groups of ppl that I don't know.

NascarDixieFlagsandBowlingBalls

• Just a Good Ole Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting ppl from the internet
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 02:50:40 PM »
this sounds like a good opportunity to sharpen your people skills.

NYKnicks

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 02:51:49 PM »
Well, don't be too nervous, I'm sure they feel the same way. Besides, its a good way to get to know some people before lass, which has even larger groups of people you don't know.

lexylit

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 02:52:01 PM »
ahh, nothing to lose-- i bet you'll get along. even if you're not new bffs, you've just got to respect their intelligence and be able to work with them, right? chances are small that they'll be egregiously annoying or anything, & i'm sure they'll love you  :)

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 02:54:15 PM »
Yeah, just go in with a smile and you'll get one back.  Things'll go great.  Unless one of them is the Loch Ness Monster in a costume.  In which case you should run, because he/she could start breathing fire.

ZAP

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 02:54:34 PM »
ahh, nothing to lose-- i bet you'll get along. even if you're not new bffs, you've just got to respect their intelligence and be able to work with them, right? chances are small that they'll be egregiously annoying or anything, & i'm sure they'll love you  :)

The thing is that both of these girls are older and seem really smart and have a great resume. I'd like to think of myself as smart but not agressive. However, many of the really smart ppl that I've met are really agressive. I'm wondering if they'd actually be bored w/ me.

lexylit

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 02:56:54 PM »
giraffe!
you're a total smartypants. do NOT be intimated by these girls.you can just play it off like you're the quiet genius of the group anyway  :D wear glasses and act aloof and you'll have everyone at orientation begging to be in your study group  ;)

NascarDixieFlagsandBowlingBalls

• Just a Good Ole Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 02:58:04 PM »
or better yet, just be yourself.  if they dont like you, o well.

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 02:58:13 PM »
Be assertive but not aggressive.  Don't cower.  You have as much to offer the world as these other two.  Most aggressive people are just really full of themselves.  Since other people aren't so full of them, it all evens out.

Seriously though, you should do fine.  You may not be best buds, but they'll probably like you.  And if they don't?  @#!* 'em.

ZAP

NYKnicks

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 02:58:59 PM »
why worry? maybe they just sound intimidating from the emails. besides, I'm sure you can hold your own with em, just show em your'e at their level, and if it doesnt' work out, who cares, you'll meet others.