Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I am scared!  (Read 2609 times)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
I am scared!
« on: August 16, 2006, 05:30:36 PM »
I just realized school is starting next week and I don't think I know what I am doing!  Does anyone else feel this way?  I know there's the "momentary lapse of zen" thread for this type of panic, but I think it's more for worries about loans and moving and stuff.  What about just plain old "I'm going to law school" eek?
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

J D

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lust isn't one of the 7 Deadly Sins for nothing...
    • View Profile
Re: I am scared!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 05:43:48 PM »
Miss P, I thought you were a rising 2L like me, for some strange reason.  You mean you're only a few days shy of being a 1L?!   ???
"I never think of the future.  It comes soon enough."--Albert Einstein

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 05:47:06 PM »
Be afraid. Be very afraid!
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 05:48:06 PM »
Miss P, I thought you were a rising 2L like me, for some strange reason.  You mean you're only a few days shy of being a 1L?!   ???

I'm flattered, I think!  Maybe because I referenced doing habeas work?  That was just my job-job, not an internship.  I hope I wasn't misleading!

I just realized school is starting next week and I don't think I know what I am doing!  Does anyone else feel this way?  I know there's the "momentary lapse of zen" thread for this type of panic, but I think it's more for worries about loans and moving and stuff.  What about just plain old "I'm going to law school" eek?

yes. I think I'm a complete idiot  :D  what am I thinking?

I am happy to be an idiot if it puts me in your company.  But yes, what were we thinking?

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 05:50:26 PM »
Be afraid. Be very afraid!

It's your job to come and comfort us, Sands!

Momo09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 06:45:40 PM »
Just got the reading assignments for Tort.  It is hitting me that the glamour of being an accepted student is turning into the reality of in school student.
Bruin once again.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 07:26:20 PM »

I'm scared that I might not do well.  Someone has to be at the bottom of the class!

Exactly, and if past performance is any indication of future results, I think I am in BIG trouble!!!

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 07:50:13 PM »
Oh, I do hate it when a thread is filled with  :-[ and  :-\ and I actually know what they mean.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 08:06:11 PM »
I still have two weeks until it starts, but I can't wait.  This is the first summer in years hwere I haven't had any classes, so I just feel like my brain is rotting.  I feel like I have prepared enough and I have a good handle on what law school will entail, so I'm just feeling calm and ready.  If it comforts you, it's not like any of your classmates have any advantage.  They're all scared and unprepared, too.

Well, except the ones like you!  You're feeling "calm and ready"!  If it's any comfort, I think you're ready, too, from everything I've seen.  And being able to recognize that makes me think that there's something to my fears that I am underprepared.  :-\

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 08:27:30 PM »
I don't even know what LEEWS is!  All I know about PLS is that it has something to do with highlighters!  I've never picked up any kind of prep book in my life!  I really am underprepared!