Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: So, Osama walks into a bar..........  (Read 2236 times)

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
Re: So, Osama walks into a bar..........
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 03:48:44 PM »
:D :D, I'm sorry I had to crack; but, of course, he can argue it rationally if he tries.

he can argue it rationally, but he then would not be a rational person.

Goodness, I feel a dare. I should go for it. I'd probably lose, but I can make a cogent argument.
Freak is the best, Freak is the best!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I don't like calling you Freak, I'd rather call you  Normal Nice Guy.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 03:50:12 PM »
but we must not let rouge countries develop nukes if we are to be sure that we survive as a nation.  There is no arguing this.

I'm going to assume you mean "rogue."  Or is this some kind of code for France? :)

Listen, I'm not going to argue this, but I do wonder what we've been doing to stop the DPRK and Iran from getting nukes.  Sorry, I don't think the ongoing campaigns in Afghanistan and Iraq count.  And yesteryear's "axis of evil" posturing aside, I don't think Bush is eager to connect the "war on terror" to his failure to control the nuclear ambitions of North Korea and Iran, either.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Einstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 03:54:36 PM »
but we must not let rouge countries develop nukes if we are to be sure that we survive as a nation.  There is no arguing this.

I'm going to assume you mean "rogue."  Or is this some kind of code for France? :)

Listen, I'm not going to argue this, but I do wonder what we've been doing to stop the DPRK and Iran from getting nukes.  Sorry, I don't think the ongoing campaigns in Afghanistan and Iraq count.  And yesteryear's "axis of evil" posturing aside, I don't think Bush is eager to connect the "war on terror" to his failure to control the nuclear ambitions of North Korea and Iran, either.

The current "efforts" to stop the proliferation of nukes has nothing to do with what I am trying to say. 

I am just saying if someone hates you and wants to kill you do you want them to have nuclear weapons.. 99.9% of people should say no to this question unless they are crazy..

and yes I mean rogue.. sorry..  :P
Practice LSAT: 147(d), 150, 151,143,152, 156,161,163,161,160,157,163,158,162

University of San Diego School of Law!

gillesthegreat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 03:59:34 PM »
I must have missed the post where you coherently, logically and elegantly equated 'rogue' with 'who want to kill you'.

That major of yours on LSN which you state as "eng", pray tell, is it engineering? It would explain the cromulent grammar and pervasive absolutism of your 'reasoning'.
Penn (2007)

Einstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006, 04:10:00 PM »
There is no arguing this.

Wow ... simply wow!
Not about using such a phrase in this particular context, which already seems dubious, but to even consider that anything could be 'not arguable'. Wow. And you want to attend law school?

Ok try and argue it then... it will make you sound very anti american and anti human if you do.. that's all that I meant.. 

Ok assuming the rouge nations want to kill you also..

Forgot to put that part.

I did equate rogue with wanting to kill you.. just not in the very first post.. Duh..

And I did this for the tards that, like you, wouldnt pick up on that...

iran and israel are perfect examples of this in the news...

Iran = Rogue nation

Israel = who Iran hates

Iran said that it wants to erase Israel off the map.. that is all

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 04:13:34 PM »
I must have missed the post where you coherently, logically and elegantly equated 'rogue' with 'who want to kill you'.

That major of yours on LSN which you state as "eng", pray tell, is it engineering? It would explain the cromulent grammar and pervasive absolutism of your 'reasoning'.

academic insults... :D
Freak is the best, Freak is the best!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I don't like calling you Freak, I'd rather call you  Normal Nice Guy.

Einstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 04:17:05 PM »

I'm tired of your Ad Hoministic attacks, this does not help anything... why even say something like that.. are you trying to discredit me so therefore discrediting what I say?
 Just wrong..

You should know that this is a flawed arguement... you did well on the LSAT right.?  you should know this...

WOW you are going to law school?  WOW

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2006, 04:19:11 PM »

I'm tired of your Ad Hoministic attacks, this does not help anything... why even say something like that.. are you trying to discredit me so therefore discrediting what I say?
 Just wrong..

LOL.  Didn't you just sling "tards" in your last post?  Whatever.  This is a really silly argument, and it doesn't really relate to the Palast piece very well.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

gillesthegreat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2006, 04:25:08 PM »
I'm sorry for pointing out that to use arguments which, in essence, come down to "anyone who disagrees with what I have just said mentally deranged" might suggest something wrong with the arguer's logic.

Should I point out that you seem to be confusing governments, states, and persons? Iran did not say it wanted to wipe Israel off the map; the president of Iran did. Iran does not hate, Israel does not love, and the United States does not support. People do. Governments do. Countries don't. Using words like "they" and "you" personalizes the issues to a degree that is bound to cause some irrationality to emerge. It simplifies, and it makes for overgeneralizations.

Is this now a valid criticism of your arguments?
Penn (2007)

Einstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2006, 04:30:32 PM »
I'm sorry for pointing out that to use arguments which, in essence, come down to "anyone who disagrees with what I have just said mentally deranged" might suggest something wrong with the arguer's logic.

Should I point out that you seem to be confusing governments, states, and persons? Iran did not say it wanted to wipe Israel off the map; the president of Iran did. Iran does not hate, Israel does not love, and the United States does not support. People do. Governments do. Countries don't. Using words like "they" and "you" personalizes the issues to a degree that is bound to cause some irrationality to emerge. It simplifies, and it makes for overgeneralizations.

Is this now a valid criticism of your arguments?

OMG just stop, you are pulling *&^% out your arse now..

By that statement I would have to write a 500 page document explaining exactly what I meant... Hell do you want to borrow my brain real quick that would be the fastest way.  Any normal person would know what I meant... The frickin news says the exact same thing that I did..
Using the same "overgeneralizations"