Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: DAMN-NESS!!!!!!  (Read 1815 times)

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
DAMN-NESS!!!!!!
« on: August 19, 2004, 01:18:28 PM »
OK.  Not that anyone really needs to know this, but I brought lunch yesterday and put it in the refrigerator here at work.  For some reason I wasn't overly hungry yesterday, so I just skipped lunch and left it in there.  Figured I'd get around to it today.  WELL...

Just so turns out SOMEONE threw it out... >:(  So no lunch for me.  I guess fasting is good for the soul, but what gives?

Ah, just had to vent.

On a funnier note, about 5 minutes ago Senator Doug Henry came into the office I'm working in today (minority leader Ben Atchley's office) and laid down his briefcase his seersucker suitcoat, and said he'd come back to get it, he's going for a walk.  Now every minute or so I see him walk by the door of my office, and I guess he's just doing laps around the floor.  It's really funny. 

He's such a sweet old man.  Totally grandfatherly.  I guess Senator Henry's in his 80's now... he's been in Tennessee politics forever, and is legendary.  His accent is so thickly southern he can be hard to understand... Good southern Democratic senator, excellent individual.  Genuinely cares.  And I find it hilarious he's walking laps around my floor in seersucker pants right now, because it's so unlikely.  I thought he meant he was going for a walk outside.  LOL.  The things you see in the Tennessee state capitol...

Anyway, that's today's report from ZAP's office.  Still really sore about the lunch thing... :'(

ZAP

NYKnicks

Re: DAMN-NESS!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 01:55:18 PM »
Take somebody else's lunch, who would know?

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 02:32:19 PM »
Good call.  But then someone else would go lunchless and I would spread the sorrow... best to just let it concentrate around me instead of spreading bad karma.  Because what if then that person stole someone else's lunch, etc?  I'd hate to be a link in that chain.

ZAP

NYKnicks

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 02:37:40 PM »
You wouldn't, the last person would automatically go through the trash and eat the lunch that should have been yours.

Good call.  But then someone else would go lunchless and I would spread the sorrow... best to just let it concentrate around me instead of spreading bad karma.  Because what if then that person stole someone else's lunch, etc?  I'd hate to be a link in that chain.

ZAP

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 02:42:50 PM »
But wouldn't it be easier if I just went through the trash and found it myself?

ZAP

Ginatio

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 02:45:21 PM »
But wouldn't it be easier if I just went through the trash and found it myself?

ZAP

wouldn't it be easier if you just bought a f-ing $2 salad from mcdonalds?

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 02:46:40 PM »
I hate bringing my lunch b/c ppl always eat it even if you mark your name on it. That and nobody cleans out the fridge so it smells like ass. I would just always go buy my lunch everyday.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 02:49:14 PM »
i bring my lunch...but im lucky.  i have a small fridge in my office for all my food.

so i eat whatever the @#!* i want.  kimchee, korean curry, etc...all the smelly stuff that pisses off pasty white folk.  and if im in a real foul mood, i leave my office door open.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 02:52:45 PM »
Well, I generally eat the stuff the day I bring it, but this was an exception.  And the fridges aren't too bad.  I can't afford to go out to eat every day... I mean I technically COULD, but then I think about how I could eat for 50 cents or less and that puts a damper on that idea for me, as every time I go out to eat I end up lucky if I come out paying only $5.  I could eat on that money for two weeks.  Hot dogs and mac and cheese, baby...

As for the $2 salad at McDonald's... there's four days of lunches gone, and I hate salads in the first place.

ZAP

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 02:59:34 PM »
Well, I generally eat the stuff the day I bring it, but this was an exception.  And the fridges aren't too bad.  I can't afford to go out to eat every day... I mean I technically COULD, but then I think about how I could eat for 50 cents or less and that puts a damper on that idea for me, as every time I go out to eat I end up lucky if I come out paying only $5.  I could eat on that money for two weeks.  Hot dogs and mac and cheese, baby...

As for the $2 salad at McDonald's... there's four days of lunches gone, and I hate salads in the first place.

ZAP

Oh, I don't eat vegetables, aside from corn and potatos. Yet, even I would say that you eat like such a bachelor.