Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: You never know...  (Read 388 times)

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
You never know...
« on: August 15, 2006, 01:17:56 AM »
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

h2xblive

Re: You never know...
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 09:24:19 AM »
So are you making this post to pursuade low GPA/LSAT people to apply to their reach schools anyways, regardless of amazing soft factors?

h2xblive

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 11:00:16 AM »
Eh, I wasn't really thinking that specifically. I suppose you could take that message from it. I was just kind of boggled by it, and wanted to share. If anything, it doesn't make me feel better, because it makes me realize how unpredictable the admissions process is. You can get in on a surprise decision, or you can get rejected just as easily from a place where you should get in. This anecdote actually just made me want to add more target schools to my list....

Me too...if I had amazing soft factors.  When I talked to someone from the UVA law school when they were on campus last year they said they accepted someone with a 154 LSAT score.  I bet that person was directly responsible in creating those new HIV vaccines currently in drug trials.

prolesurge

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 11:44:58 AM »
A less extreme example: I recently met a student at UCLA Law that was admitted with a 158. She chalked it up to a spectacular PS, since she lacked any sort of AMAZING extracurriculara- in fact, she applied straight out of undergrad. UCLA is no Yale, but it's pretty high up there.