Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Looking to Read PS's  (Read 395 times)

MotownSaint

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking to Read PS's
« on: August 13, 2006, 03:07:54 AM »
Hey guys and gals!  I wasn't able to find a place with a good selection of varied personal statement examples, so I figured I could come on here and gather up a few as a service exchange.

Now, I don't know much about LS applications yet or what admission councils look for in personal statements; however, I am a pretty darn good editor and am willing to go through your statements with an eye for structure, grammar, spelling, etc.  Not that I'm placing a guarantee on perfection, but if you're lacking in confidence over your personal statement then it is most certainly better than nothing.  Also, you'll be giving me a helping hand by providing me with useful examples of what people are putting out there.

Please note, however, that if I receive large quantities of statements from this post then I will only be replying to them as I have time.  That could mean one, two, or even none a day.  And should I never get back to you?  Well, in that case, consider it a lost cause ;)

Furthermore, to ensure that I am not still receiving personal statements after graduation, please refrain from sending additional statements after August 20, 2006.

One final note: Please indicate how anal retentive you want me to be when editing your personal statement.  As you can see from my post, my personal style leans towards a casual, conversational pose, which is what I will default towards unless you indicate otherwise.

mantis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to Read PS's
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 12:49:35 AM »
From one budding grammar nazi to another:

FYI

MotownSaint

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Looking to Read PS's
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 08:38:52 AM »
From one budding grammar nazi to another:

FYI

Hehe, I make that mistake occasionally.  I noticed it before, but I never found a way to edit my post.