Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exporting One Note to Word  (Read 2845 times)

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Exporting One Note to Word
« on: August 12, 2006, 02:19:10 PM »
Okay, so when I go to "send to" under file, there is nothing there.  The option to send to word isn't present.  I have all the updates and service packs and it won't give me the option to transfer.  I want to use one note bc it seems pretty decent, but in case it doesn't pan out I want a word backup.  How do I link them?  I bought my computer and installed office myself and then I recently put one note on there so I would imagine that is why its not working, but there has to be a way to link the two.

Also, what is the directory one note automatically saves to and is there a way to change it?

OingoBoingo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Simply the best band from the 80's
    • View Profile
Re: Exporting One Note to Word
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 03:16:58 PM »
Okay, so when I go to "send to" under file, there is nothing there.  The option to send to word isn't present.  I have all the updates and service packs and it won't give me the option to transfer.  I want to use one note bc it seems pretty decent, but in case it doesn't pan out I want a word backup.  How do I link them?  I bought my computer and installed office myself and then I recently put one note on there so I would imagine that is why its not working, but there has to be a way to link the two.

Also, what is the directory one note automatically saves to and is there a way to change it?

One note saves to the "My Notebook" folder. I have the "send to word" option present but I cannot remember which I installed first - Onenote or the Office suite.

Wish I could be more help. You *might* want to try and repair the Onenote installation. Curious though, what version of Office are you using?

Oingo
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 03:21:51 PM »
I bought my computer last year, but I have all the recent updates.

Yeah, I figured out where it saves to.  Now I just want to figure out how the hell to send my notes to word.

lawrenc967

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 02:39:57 PM »
copy-paste  :P

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 03:19:09 PM »
copy-paste  :P

Its looking like I might be doing that.  Although I bet the formatting gets all jacked up.  It just irritates me bc "send to word" is a new feature added to the newest OneNote service pack, I just can't get it to work for mine.  Argh.

Strong

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 04:43:49 PM »
I've got te send to word feature but I'm not abl to click it.

I ran through options and customize but found nothing

SplitFinger

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a real pretend lawyer now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 06:26:49 PM »
I don't have that option either (under "Send to..." there's nothing there).  I don't care because I'm not going to be doing that (at least I don't anticipate I will be), but I wonder why it's not there?
Emory '09

LSN

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 06:31:35 PM »
I have it.  You select some part of the notebook, file, send to.

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 06:58:15 PM »
I have it.  You select some part of the notebook, file, send to.

Well that's great that some of you have it, but I am trying to find someone that knows how to make it work.  I have the newest service pack, I have office 2003, I just don't see why it doesn't sync up.

SplitFinger

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a real pretend lawyer now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 08:12:30 PM »
Did you install OneNote first or Office first?  I installed OneNote before the rest of Office, and I don't have the option to send to Word either - perhaps because Word wasn't there when I installed OneNote.

Just a thought.

Emory '09

LSN