Law School Discussion

A guy just told me..

Towelie

• View Profile
A guy just told me..
« on: August 10, 2006, 10:27:05 PM »
He turned down Yale Law for Drexel... what the @#!*?! He said he liked the "profs and environment" better at Drexel.. and he thinks going to Drexel will help him better politically than Yale because Yale would hurt him in his county. Flame?? It's gotta be, right?!

obamacon

• View Profile
Re: A guy just told me..
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 10:31:25 PM »
He turned down Yale Law for Drexel... what the @#!*?! He said he liked the "profs and environment" better at Drexel.. and he thinks going to Drexel will help him better politically than Yale because Yale would hurt him in his county. Flame?? It's gotta be, right?!

Perhaps law school isn't for you.

Towelie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 10:35:31 PM »
Now he said he's convinced Drexel will be a "top law school" and I said, "what do you mean? I can see it at the Temple level" and he totally railed into me, saying "they are spending so much money it will be up there with Penn soon enough."

He also said he's going to be class president. I asked him how he knew and said "I'm a good politician."  What a pompous a-hole.

Towelie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 10:39:11 PM »

Could be flame, could be for real.  If his goal is politics in his little hick hometown, it's reasonable to think that Yale would be a liability.  Drexel... where the hell is that, anyway?

Philly. But he turned down Penn because the institution is "way too snooty." WTF?!

obamacon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 10:41:04 PM »