• View Profile
I lost my voice
« on: August 10, 2006, 08:23:47 AM »
Day 3. What should I do?  ???

fuwaf

• View Profile
Re: I lost my voice
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 08:26:36 AM »
I hate losing my voice because the more you try to talk, the more you @#!* it up, and I love to talk

I think you just have to kind of ride it out, that's what I've always done... and don't strain it when it comes back.

Towelie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 08:29:51 AM »
I hate losing my voice because the more you try to talk, the more you @#!* it up, and I love to talk

I think you just have to kind of ride it out, that's what I've always done... and don't strain it when it comes back.

I guess going to a loud club last night and trying to "talk" over the music didn't help the cause either. @#!*. I might just have to not talk for days.. how the hell am I gonna order food?!

Nemesis

• The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 08:30:56 AM »
Drink some lime and honey.

No wait...I think that's if you have a cough.

Gargle with warm salt water??

Oh, and stop talking so much  :P  ;)

fuwaf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 08:31:25 AM »

I guess going to a loud club last night and trying to "talk" over the music didn't help the cause either. @#!*. I might just have to not talk for days.. how the hell am I gonna order food?!

I don't know, I had to have a friend make phone calls for me one time when I lost my voice.  And I lost it earlier this year and had to e-mail a bunch of people to ask them questions since I couldn't call them.  It's a female dog.

Towelie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 08:34:23 AM »
Thanks Annabel.. I'm gonna try the salt water thing in a second.

Mmmm - yeah I've been doing stuff like that and being creative. Yesterday when I went to go see a movie I wrote down on a piece of paper what I wanted to see and a little note that was like "I lost my voice" so she wouldn't think I was crazy. I still think she thought I was crazy, but this is Philadelphia so I'm sure she's seen a lot worse.

Nemesis

• The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 08:35:25 AM »
Thanks Annabel.. I'm gonna try the salt water thing in a second.

Mmmm - yeah I've been doing stuff like that and being creative. Yesterday when I went to go see a movie I wrote down on a piece of paper what I wanted to see and a little note that was like "I lost my voice" so she wouldn't think I was crazy. I still think she thought I was crazy, but this is Philadelphia so I'm sure she's seen a lot worse.

Awww, how cute!

Nemesis

• The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 08:39:52 AM »
some pizza places you can order online  :D

i hate making phone calls...

The Absolut Hunk hates that too...weird.

fuwaf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 08:40:29 AM »
some pizza places you can order online  :D

i hate making phone calls...

The Absolut Hunk hates that too...weird.

I do too.  Only cool people hate making phone calls, clearly.

Towelie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 08:44:54 AM »
The warm water with salt is definitly soothing. I don't care if it brings my voice back or not it feels good! Thanks again Annabel!