Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: help me!! BU v. Fordham  (Read 2918 times)

nubova

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: help me!! BU v. Fordham
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 10:36:00 AM »
Hey Suzie,
   I would go with Fordham. It places better in its market. WHile BU places okay in Boston and okay in NYC, it still lags behind BC in Boston and Fordham in NYC. If you want to work in NYC, I would definitly go with Fordham. If you dont want to work in NYC, I dont see why you would pick either school.

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2006, 10:49:07 AM »
Hey Suzie,
   I would go with Fordham. It places better in its market. WHile BU places okay in Boston and okay in NYC, it still lags behind BC in Boston and Fordham in NYC. If you want to work in NYC, I would definitly go with Fordham. If you dont want to work in NYC, I dont see why you would pick either school.

BU tends to have a broader placement area than either BC or Fordham, and it's not necessarily because people go to BU can't get into good jobs in Boston or NYC. I think both BC/Fordham are known as biglaw feeders, while BU attracts people with broader interests.

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2006, 11:21:36 AM »
Suzieq go to Fordham, you have been harping on Fordham for months!  It seems like that is where you will be the most happy so go for it.  As far as living at home with your parents, it doesn't have to be longterm, you can get a room-mate and live in the city next semester or next year.

Better hurry up and make up your mind, we have required reading due by orientation next week  ;).
The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

Sir James Matthew Barrie

zbttoken

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - hokiegrappler11
    • View Profile
    • My MySpace profile -- I'm such a consumer whore.
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2006, 04:42:03 PM »
Suzie was just awarded $5000/yr from Fordham.  Does this change anything? 
"Stand for something or fall for anything." -- Malcolm X

"If you find a job that you love, you'll never have to work a day in your life." -- Dr. Christopher Neck (probably taken from some other source).

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42746550

lola82

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2006, 08:33:36 PM »
Hi Suzieq,

I haven't posted on this forum, but I read it occasionally--I'm interested in what you decided, because I was planning to go to BU, got off the Fordham waitlist today, and am also unsure about what to do--I basically have until tomorrow to decide!

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2006, 01:13:20 AM »
I chose BU in the end

mostly b/c I just have too much going on there and was all set to go and from what I've heard it will mostly come down to HOW i do in each school now.  I just feel I will be happier there and have a better quality of life

it was a VERY VERY hard decision
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

donwario

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2006, 10:44:06 AM »
Fordham gets really talked up on this board because so many posters are from NY/NJ. If you don't finish high at Fordham, you will not have great choices in NYC. BU is a better overall school and, as a respected school in Boston AND New York, will offer you more options.

Lorelai Gilmore

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'll lead, you can follow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2006, 02:02:09 PM »
May I ask your numbers?  I am very interested in both the schools you are applying to.  Thanks much.  :)
Cornell Law

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2006, 01:52:46 AM »
166/3.5

however when i intially applied it was a 3.47 (that was my GPA at the end of junior year).  I sent in my updated transcript in January that brought my GPA to a 3.5..however 3/4 of my acceptances were in by then so I dont think it mattered.

my GPA went up to a 3.53 was after spring semester senior yeat and I dont think any school saw it.. (not even fordham b/c i never even sent them an updated transcript. in fact i did absolutly nothing besides putting myself on the waitlist- im very shocked i got in off the waitlist considering the lack of effort i put in) 

had a very successful cycle. am quite happy with BU (with 15k a year)
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

Lorelai Gilmore

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'll lead, you can follow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 11:16:42 AM »
Thanks for the information and the luck.  I hope you have a great experience @ BU.
Cornell Law