Law School Discussion

"TABLE SETUP" for LG?

"TABLE SETUP" for LG?
« on: August 09, 2006, 09:58:40 AM »
I, like many amateur hacks at the LSAT, struggle massively with the games.  Right now I'm missing only about 2-4 on each LR and RC section, but end up missing anywhere from 2-10 on the LG.  I've gone through most of the LG Bible, have practiced several hours a week, and tried pretty much every method I can think of.  I'm patient, I realize it takes time to improve, but I was just curious as to what this "table setup" some people use for the games is? Can someone draw it out for me?

Thanks.

Re: "TABLE SETUP" for LG?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 12:12:35 PM »
I think you're talking about the technique vera uses. I'm not sure what exactly she does, but i think that one way you can do a "table set-up" is to write out all of the not rules on one side, and then do each question in a new column. something like this:
     1)  2)   3)   4)
~N 1.O   P
   2.P   N
   3.N   O
~O 4.Q   Q

Basically do each new question in a new column and this way you don't need to rewrite your not rules and etc. Not sure if that's what they were talking about it, and i myself don't use this method, but that's what i thought they were doing.

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 12:15:48 PM »
I think you're talking about the technique vera uses. I'm not sure what exactly she does, but i think that one way you can do a "table set-up" is to write out all of the not rules on one side, and then do each question in a new column. something like this:
     1)  2)   3)   4)
~N 1.O   P
   2.P   N
   3.N   O
~O 4.Q   Q

Basically do each new question in a new column and this way you don't need to rewrite your not rules and etc. Not sure if that's what they were talking about it, and i myself don't use this method, but that's what i thought they were doing.

So, does column #2 represent question #2?

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 12:36:28 PM »
     1)  2)   3)   4)
~N 1.O   P
   2.P   N
   3.N   O
~O 4.Q   Q

So, does column #2 represent question #2?
Yes, for some reason when you post things here they get displaced... But yea, each new column is a new question.

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 12:46:05 PM »
Thanks!