Law School Discussion

Possible PS topics.. please critique ;)

Possible PS topics.. please critique ;)
« on: August 08, 2006, 12:38:40 AM »
hey guys couple of options on topics rolling through my head...just want some opinions:

1) Overcoming anxiety, first two years of college I had badddd panic attacks and anxiety, came out of nowhere, paralyzed me pretty much.  But over time got over them by myself and really improved my personal and academic life... good or bad topic?

2) Moved/lived in Holland for two years my soph/junior year of high school...kinda typical, but it did have a profound affect on my school ethic and work ethic.

3) write about my experiences from a young age, standing up for kids getting picked on and how that translated into my present life etc etc.

4) kinda less in depth, my jewish heritage, and how i was picked on for it...overcoming the hatred i felt and experienced..

what do you guys think is best?

thanks for your help!

rena123

• i <3 cindy sherman
    • View Profile
    • lsn
Re: Possible PS topics.. please critique ;)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 12:41:09 AM »
based on your descriptions, i'm really not sure.  i think you should think about it like this:
what are your best personality traits?  what makes you most proud of yourself?  choose a topic that allows you to highlight those things.  that is my $.02.

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 04:38:01 PM »
yeh, very true...it is cliche...how would one "Un-cliche" it?

wunder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 04:42:42 PM »
Just to throw out there -- all of your topics seem to be about things that happened to you (with the possible exception of #3) and how you dealt with things.  What about things that you have made happen for other people?  Do you have any volunteer experience?  Have you ever done something that had a profound effect on someone else's life?

Sometimes I think we overlook the great story-telling factor of this angle.

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 11:18:18 PM »
Just to throw out there -- all of your topics seem to be about things that happened to you (with the possible exception of #3) and how you dealt with things.  What about things that you have made happen for other people?  Do you have any volunteer experience?  Have you ever done something that had a profound effect on someone else's life?

Sometimes I think we overlook the great story-telling factor of this angle.

hmm you make good points wunder...i do have volunteer exp...i dunno i'd just feel a bit of stretching there? but it is a possibility! keep it comin guys thanks