Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Forgotten Conflict - Iraq  (Read 654 times)

LSATguy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
The Forgotten Conflict - Iraq
« on: August 07, 2006, 01:50:49 PM »
I was shocked to read this... :o It is incidents like these which fuel further hatred for Americans and American troops in Iraq. I dont understand why would any soldier act in such a way?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5253160.stm

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • tea baggers, unite! screw u.s.a.!
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Conflict - Iraq
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 04:21:45 PM »
one reason that, collectively, u.s. really not give two shits about iraqis.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 11:23:15 AM »
one difference that these soldiers, assuming they guilty, done much to tarnish u.s. in eyes of entire world.  so has bush, and julie wish ame degree of accountability for him.

LSATguy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 11:44:09 AM »
1.  Iraq is a forgotten conflict only if you make it that way.  If you live anywhere near a military town or know any reservists, you can't forget Iraq. 

2.  How is the atrocity of a soldiers gang-raping an Iraqi girl any worse than gang rapes that occur every day in US cities?  I agree it's terrible, but don't act so shocked.  Does the military let some people in with less than perfect judgement?  Sure, but since Iraq is killing so many troops every day, less people want to sign up, and they're forced to take some less-than-perfect soldiers over there. 

Please only pass judgement after you've walked a mile in their shoes -- AKA volunteer for the military or convince the US govt to bring our troops home.

I thought we went there to liberate the country. Is this how we liberate the people of Iraq? Sure rapes occur in every part of the globe but when the US Army, so called beacon of peace enters a nation to spread democracy, freedom and human rights - much is expected from such an army of the lone superpower in the world. Remember this is an army with written codes of conduct - both military and humane NOT some rag tag militia or terrorist group that is capable of such an act.

Also by saying "after you've walked a mile in their shoes..." do you mean to say that if i as a soldier was in Iraq i would have done the same things...that is an erroneous assertion. If this was true then we would see more of such acts from our soldiers. Fortunately we dont because the majority of soldiers act in ways that make us proud...not feel shocked and RIGHTFULLY shocked. 

How are rapes done in the US different from that done in Iraq? Rapes in the US are rapes. Rapes performed in conflicts are psychological weapons of war not merely a rape. Remember the girl was NOT JUST raped she along with the family was shot dead. If this is not shocking what is...its time we adjust our moral compass before its too late.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 01:54:39 PM »
one difference that these soldiers, assuming they guilty, done much to tarnish u.s. in eyes of entire world.  so has bush, and julie wish ame degree of accountability for him.

were you dishonorably discharged at one point...did you get your feelings hurt by an overbearing father, buster?

you have so much disdain for soldiers...

people like you and your weak-minded do-nothing mentality allowed bush to take it to a murdering dictator...so complaining now is futile...bush is not going anywhere...

north iraq is a big part of iraq and they are pleased with what the usa and bush has done...

you should go there sometime...see what the people of north iraq think...

but we know...you are buster the coward hiding behind julie fern because you can't even stand up to your own wife. :o  some of us have seen the film jawbreaker...we know you like little girls, blusty...that is where you got your idea to hide behind a third person writing dimwit...

degenerate
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 09:34:04 AM »
there, there.  you poor little thing, what with that dirty little war you like others to fight going so badly for you.  you must be heartbroken.