Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fee Waiver Rollcall  (Read 99929 times)

Reach

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Fee Waiver Rollcall
« Reply #540 on: October 08, 2006, 02:29:32 PM »
Ha!  I haven't gotten a thing from Columbia except the CRS waiver on the electronic application page.  If there were different strata of columbia love, at least you two would stand decidedly above mine.

I'm so happy that I'm almost done with applications.  I hope I can just forget about the whole process like I did while waiting for the LSAT scores to release. 

Messily

« Reply #541 on: October 09, 2006, 10:57:37 AM »
I got a viewbook and waiver from Michigan 10/7, so either they're still mailing them out, or mail in L.A. is just that slow.  Either way, I'm happy -- this is my first waiver from a school I was already planning to apply to.  :D

prolesurge

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 09, 2006, 12:00:20 PM »
Ha!  I haven't gotten a thing from Columbia except the CRS waiver on the electronic application page.  If there were different strata of columbia love, at least you two would stand decidedly above mine.

I'm so happy that I'm almost done with applications.  I hope I can just forget about the whole process like I did while waiting for the LSAT scores to release. 

I certainly second that sentiment.

BrerAnansi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 09, 2006, 07:37:26 PM »
Got the Columbia viewbook as well..along with a letter encouraging me to apply and  the contact info of a few students who could answer any questions I may have...
Grrr...

Quote from: 1LCorvo
If there aren't any arguments against my claims, then I'll depart gracefully. Feel free to continue the concordant attack on my character, it's funny.

Quote from: Saxibbles
Hugs,
Look to the f-ing left.

Drew P. Bottom

• Sr. Citizen
  • You do not understand the power of the dark side.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 09, 2006, 10:03:35 PM »
Hidden CRS Fee Waiver (No Letter)

Washington University in St. Louis
Vanderbilt
Columbia

Letters and waivers (from schools I'd consider)
Michigan
Duke
William & Mary
SMU
Baylor
Oklahoma
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -- James Madison

DLish

• sportsagentblog.com
    • View Profile
    • I Want to be a Sports Agent
    • Email
« Reply #545 on: October 10, 2006, 03:32:46 PM »
Charleston School of Law fee waiver via snail mail

Reach

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 10, 2006, 04:16:44 PM »
Charleston School of Law fee waiver via snail mail

Nice...adding it to the list now. 

I finally got my Columbia viewbook and an additional letter from NALSA.  I was impressed enough to want to apply and almost did, but then I remembered that dean certs from all schools would have to be gathered along with how little I want to live in New York city (0%) and reality came crashing back down on my airy thoughts.  Ah well.  It was a nice moment.

pigwidgeon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 10, 2006, 05:22:51 PM »
I got the letter from Columbia Law Women's Association today. (I was so scared as the little envelope looked like a rejection letter). Anyway in the letter it intimates that I should have received a feee waiver, I never did, but I did apply really early. Do you think this is worth following up? did anyone else get this letter and no waiver?

Reach

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 10, 2006, 05:30:35 PM »
I got the letter from Columbia Law Women's Association today. (I was so scared as the little envelope looked like a rejection letter). Anyway in the letter it intimates that I should have received a feee waiver, I never did, but I did apply really early. Do you think this is worth following up? did anyone else get this letter and no waiver?

Definitely.  The information Columbia gave me was explicit in telling recipients who already sent in their apps/fee to call in and have it returned.  You should definitely call if you would have a use for $70 or whatever it is.

strivergirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 10, 2006, 07:07:42 PM »
i got the clwa letter today too.  yeah, well, where's my view book/fee waiver, bitches?  :-[