Law School Discussion

Fee Waiver Rollcall

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
Re: Fee Waiver Rollcall
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 07:55:04 PM »
I haven't gotten any?  I also haven't even gotten any mail from any law school...kind of hurts my feelings.   :( :(

dusya4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 08:54:45 AM »
I didn't get one from Loyola, but isn't their application free anyways if you apply online?

Reach

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 09:15:47 AM »
Wow Hank...I wonder what's going on for you?  Do you live in Tahiti or something?

Homersboy, was it a fee waiver or simply an invitation to apply?  I got a packet for the University of Tennessee (quite a bit of information and it cost them $3.30 or so to send it), but it was without a fee waiver and so I'm not counting it.  I looked them up on lsac.org and their application fee is merely $15 anyway so maybe that's why they spent $3.00+ without waiving, but I still thought it slighty odd to do.

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 09:36:07 AM »
I haven't gotten any?  I also haven't even gotten any mail from any law school...kind of hurts my feelings.   :( :(

I'm in the same boat.  Then again, I do live in Bermuda.  But that shouldn't stop them from emailing!

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 10:13:57 AM »
I just got a fee waiver from Indiana University at Bloomington, with a CD, viewbook and more information about their Chancellor's fellowship.

New Poster

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 11:07:57 AM »
Hey Hank-

When did you take the LSAT? I haven't received anything either despite having similar numbers to you (same LSAT, GPA a little lower than yours). I took it in Oct '05 and received a bunch after my test date that went unused. I'm hoping that all of these are targetted at the June LSAT takers and I'll get some later. Can anyone shed some light on this theory?

Reach

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 11:27:24 AM »
I just got a WUSTL waiver and and admissions packet, so they are apparently still sending things out.  If it helps, I am almost as far down the alphabet as one can get...maybe they started on August 1 and worked their way down to me.  Unfortunately there is no post mark so I cannot tell if it was merely lost in the mail or if it was mailed out well after the earlier-reported August 1 date.

MoniLi and Hank...you guys have great numbers and it's crazy that you're not at very least getting email love from Cardozo or other places.

Law School Hero

• Telepathy doesn't seem to be having any effect...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 12:44:18 PM »
i took the june lsat and haven't gotten anything

are you all signed up for any of the upcoming law school forums... i think it might be tied to that... just a guess though

Saja

• Into enemy territory...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 01:10:53 PM »
I also got the IU-B packet yesterday, which was surprising considering I haven't gotten any other few waivers, save the e-mail from McGeorge.  I received a pamphlet from U of Albany (woot) in the mail but no fee waiver.  Took the June LSAT and haven't signed up for any law school forums.  The whole thing seems pretty arbitrary to me!

cassise

• To eliminate any confusion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cassise0414
    • View Profile
    • My journey to law school starting soph year
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2006, 01:31:40 PM »
I just got a fee waiver from Indiana University at Bloomington, with a CD, viewbook and more information about their Chancellor's fellowship.

Did you get any info about the Chancellors beyong "its full tuition plus 8K and you get to work with faculty" in a letter from the associate dean?