Law School Discussion

Kaplan ruins me! Any suggestions?

Kaplan ruins me! Any suggestions?
« on: August 07, 2006, 10:41:48 AM »
Getting ready to take the LSAT in September... and all the Ontario LS apps are due by Nov.1st, so essentially, the Sep.30th test is the only one I can take to make that deadline.

Its my first time taking the LSAT, so i figure I should not only study intensively on my own, but should also enroll in a class to ensure I make the most of what little time I have left.

Register for the Kaplan class here in Montreal that runs from mid August until end of September. Pay my money, get my study materials and gear up to go.

Get a call from Kaplan this morning saying the teacher for my class is not going to be able to teach anymore, and that they have not found a suitable replacement. They suggest I transfer to their other class starting on Aug.20th. Sounds like a good plan... However, the days on which the Kaplan classes are coincide with my school classes, which makes it impossible for me to transfer.

What have the done for me so far? Absolutely nothing! I feel as though I'm screwed, and not going to be thoroughly prepared for the LSAT come September.

Any suggestions for how I should deal with Kaplan and/or how i should go about prepping for the LSAT?

Re: Kaplan ruins me! Any suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 09:07:41 PM »
I can understand the need for structured studying. If the tutoring thing with Kaplan fails, might I suggest finding a study buddy? Prepping for the LSAT is kind of like going to the gym. Sometimes you just don't wanna. But if you have someone else counting on you, you are much more likely to go. If you know anyone else studying for the LSAT (or even the MCAT or GRE exams) see if you can arrange a study schedule together. Then find yourselves a nice quiet spot in the library and become those freaky kids who sit in the corner without talking for hours on end  ;)