Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Will new ABA LSAT reporting policy affect next year's USNEWS rankings?  (Read 3716 times)

stc34

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Will new ABA LSAT reporting policy affect next year's USNEWS rankings?
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 09:45:44 PM »
Ok, but consider this.  One applicant has a 164 and a 168.  Another applicant has only one score, a 166.  All else is equal.  The school would probably take the one with an average of 166 because it is to the school's advantage.

I agree that this is the (unfortunate) outcome of the ABA's new policy. Whatever will get them a higher average for USNWR's calculations is going to to be what flies.

USNWR has yet to announce a shift in policy.  As far as any of us know, it's still taking the average score.  ABA policy does not affect it until it decides it's concerned about verifiability.

I'm pretty sure that USNWR gets their numbers from ABA. 

lyquidmyrrrh

• AOL Instant Messenger - lyquidmyrrrh
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 01:12:20 AM »
c

BrerAnansi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2006, 01:25:07 AM »
It could be because it's late..but I think I missed the part in that entry where it said this:

The new rule adversely affected schools that accepted numerous URM's with lower numbers (which thereby lowered the 25th percentile). (See http://leiterreports.typepad.com/blog/2005/03/slight_change_i.html)

Would it be too much trouble to ask you to point me to it???
Grrr...

Quote from: 1LCorvo
If there aren't any arguments against my claims, then I'll depart gracefully. Feel free to continue the concordant attack on my character, it's funny.

Quote from: Saxibbles
Hugs,
Look to the f-ing left.

BrerAnansi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2006, 01:31:54 AM »
Oh...just a massive edit then??  Another poster who backpedals...(see DeMar..I'm learning)

Better safe than sorry I guess...
Grrr...

Quote from: 1LCorvo
If there aren't any arguments against my claims, then I'll depart gracefully. Feel free to continue the concordant attack on my character, it's funny.

Quote from: Saxibbles
Hugs,
Look to the f-ing left.