Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: A trash can for the obscenity  (Read 8094 times)

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
A trash can for the obscenity
« on: August 04, 2006, 04:41:35 PM »
Do you pee in the shower?

Do you enjoy having sex with four midgets at once?

Do you like having cucumbers/zucchinis/other large blunt objects shoved into your various orifices?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHH!

This has got to stop.

Can we get a separate board for all of the sex/bodily function posts?  Although I have no idea why people feel the need to post these to a LAW SCHOOL message board, I've never been one to advocate censorship. 

I'm sick of clicking on the "unread posts" link and seeing a bunch of garbage from pervs and horny teenagers.  It discourages the use of this site by people who might be more inclined to use it at work.  I wish the people who post this crap would take it to a more relevant board, but I know that's probably not going to happen anytime soon.  For the love of God, mods, please do something!
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
Re: A trash can for the obscenity
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 04:48:43 PM »
Even if they created a separate board, the threads would still pop up in your "unread posts".
Who's your Daddy now?

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 05:13:37 PM »
While I agree that the message board seems consumed by such threads lately, people are free to ignore them and/or start new threads.

People are bored right now ... it's between cycles, everyone is either just beginning the process or knows where he or she is going.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 05:16:18 PM »
Um, I agree with the OP.

It's not just because we're between cycles. The board started to get really raunchy last fall, and it's a big part of why I disappeared for several months.

Hey Andrew, any way these threads can be REMOVED???

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 05:17:42 PM »
There are a lot more law-school related threads when there are a lot of law school related issues to talk about.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 05:18:52 PM »
Yeah but the OTB topics look like writing on the stall of a dive bar YEAR ROUND.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 05:30:07 PM »
Stop posting/reading the off topic board.  If you don't like the crap, then stop using the unread posts link.  Instead, click on whatever law specific board you like, and skim through the new postings (which, for your convenience, are all bumped to the top with the little "new" tag next to it!!!!)

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 05:37:03 PM »
But they still show up on the top 200 link.

I'm sorry, but if mods can move threads with hateful or racist language, they can move toilet garbage too.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 05:50:40 PM »
Its where it belongs.  This is why the off-topic board was created.  It was here long before most people around now started posting, and it'll probably still be here when most of people leave the board, start school, whatever.

Just deal with it.

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2006, 08:24:15 AM »
Even if they created a separate board, the threads would still pop up in your "unread posts".

True.  I guess I was just looking to vent - I'm sick of it and I wish the idiots who posted most of that crap (who incidentally have little or nothing to actually say about anything related to law school) would disappear.
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .