Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ouch - Minorty women screwed at firms...  (Read 5683 times)

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Ouch - Minorty women screwed at firms...
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2006, 02:18:53 PM »
hmmmm, the above article mentioned something i never thought of, and something im sure is a very small factor but

how many women never get opps because the people currently in power(the men) arent allowed to hire/mentor women by their wives?

prob doesnt happen much, but now that i think about it, i bet it does happen!
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2006, 01:31:11 PM »
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-mommytrack5sep05,0,6848057.story?coll=la-home-headlines

doesnt seem very fair to discriminate against people who choose to remain child free.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2006, 02:10:42 PM »
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-mommytrack5sep05,0,6848057.story?coll=la-home-headlines

doesnt seem very fair to discriminate against people who choose to remain child free.

I don't see how it discriminates against people who are child free.  Both are on a partner track, the person who works longer hours will get there first.  Its not like they're allowing parents to stay on the track at the same schedule as those who work longer hours.

At Deloitte they allow anyone to take time off (up to 5 yrs for child care or personal growth).  It's not limited to parents.

E&Y just offers an informal venting/mentoring service for mothers.  If you want an informal workplace mentor, go find one!

Am I missing something?
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2006, 02:14:17 PM »

I don't see how it discriminates against people who are child free.  Both are on a partner track, the person who works longer hours will get there first.  Its not like they're allowing parents to stay on the track at the same schedule as those who work longer hours.

At Deloitte they allow anyone to take time off (up to 5 yrs for child care or personal growth).  It's not limited to parents.

E&Y just offers an informal venting/mentoring service for mothers.  If you want an informal workplace mentor, go find one!

Am I missing something?

what if, as a single, chile free male i wanted to work 2/3 hours for 2/3 pay.  i dont think theyd let me.  especially not if half the other guys said they wanted to do it to.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2006, 03:19:12 PM »

Am I missing something?

what if, as a single, chile free male i wanted to work 2/3 hours for 2/3 pay.  i dont think theyd let me.  especially not if half the other guys said they wanted to do it to.

Depends on the company.  They're are plenty of people who work part time at my organization for various reasons.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2006, 03:38:11 PM »
mmmmmmmmmmm, that would be nice...