Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NT  (Read 5077 times)

Einstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Can we get ads that aren't girls gone wild???
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 12:24:26 PM »
Hes not talking about avatars, but this on the side ads

YES! That's the one that keeps popping up when I am and the various boards... I can't believe the others that have posted in this board are not seeing it.  Because that is the one that is usually up on my screen...

I'm starting to think it is the one of two ads that are shown on this site.
Practice LSAT: 147(d), 150, 151,143,152, 156,161,163,161,160,157,163,158,162

University of San Diego School of Law!

cesco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 08:28:17 PM »
I've now seen my first ad ever on this site...in chester fury's post.

:D  Same with me.  So odd!
2L

check01

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 01:38:46 AM »
I don't understand why there is anyone left who doesn't use Firefox with the Adblock and Filterset.G Updater extensions. I never see ads on this site or anywhere.

And if you hate certain avatars but you don't want to turn all of them off, you just right-click the hated avatar, select "Adblock this image" and it's gone forever.

rena123

• Sr. Citizen
  • i <3 cindy sherman
    • View Profile
    • lsn
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 02:19:05 AM »
wait! i have forefox.  do i have to download something else to get the adblocking option?  where do i get it?

check01

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 02:48:38 AM »
wait! i have forefox.  do i have to download something else to get the adblocking option?  where do i get it?

If you know how to use the extensions box, it's pretty easy to track down.  If you don't know how to use it, get to know it! There are some kick-ass extensions that make Firefox a really awesome browser, and you can always uninstall an extension if it doesn't work the way you hoped. Here's the shorcut for adblocking:

Click HERE to get Adblock, which is the extension that gives you all the cool blocking functionality. You can click to see a list of all "blockable" elements in a page, then select to block them or use wildcards to block entire ad-serving domains.

Better still is to click HERE to get the Filterset.G Updater. This automatically downloads updated lists of blocked ads and domains. Use this, and you will almost never have to adblock anything on your own. The only exceptions are blocking things like avatars you hate, or the occasional ad within a site (i.e., an ad a The New Republic for an upcoming TNR conference or something). This works with Adblock, you need both extensions.

I've used these two extensions for months, and I've gotten to the point that seeing an ad is a shock to the system.

Don't forget to get CustomizeGoogle HERE to filter out the context-sensitive ads they put into every search and email, plus tons of other cool Google-related stuff.

When you get to each extension page, you just click the Install Now button and it takes about 5 seconds or less. You have to restart the browser to get the extensions to work, so add as many as you want at once rather than restart multiple times.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 11:56:06 AM »
its not just this site.  its on alot of sites now.  i saw some on cnn, the denver post, others...
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?