Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What e-mail software do you use?  (Read 1404 times)

Typhoon Longwang

• Sr. Citizen
  • I have the power to stop an LSAT!
    • View Profile
Re: What e-mail software do you use?
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 11:47:12 AM »
Maybe someone can explain this to me, then. Can I route my school's address and my hotmail account to my gmail account?

Maybe...for your school account you'll want to look for some setting like "Email Forwarding" or maybe just "Forwarding"

I don't think Hotmail can be set up to forward.  MS doesn't want to make it easy for you to leave their service.

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 12:23:52 PM »
I just checked out google calendar, it looks pretty awesome.

Does it have any advantages over the full outlook though?  I've gotten used to the integrated calendar functionality that I use for work, and outlook somehow seems more professional.  I'm definitely going to keep my gmail account for personal stuff though; I like to keep it separated.
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

katedennis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 12:34:40 PM »

Does it have any advantages over the full outlook though?  I've gotten used to the integrated calendar functionality that I use for work, and outlook somehow seems more professional.  I'm definitely going to keep my gmail account for personal stuff though; I like to keep it separated.

The major advantage in my view is portability.  Whereas my Outlook calendar is tied to my personal computer (and worse, emails in my outlook inbox are tied to it too), I can access my Gmail and google calendar from my laptop, my desktop, work, the library, etc. 
Univeristy of Michigan Law School Class of 2009

my lsn!

catalyst81

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2006, 11:52:08 PM »
I checked a while back and I couldn't set it up with yahoo or hotmail.  It was either because they made you pay or they just didn't allow it.  I don't remember which.  :-\

4DClaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 02:25:50 PM »
If you're on an exchange server, you can remotely access your Outlook e-mail and calendar via the Web. And you also can sync it to a PDA.

The major advantage in my view is portability.  Whereas my Outlook calendar is tied to my personal computer (and worse, emails in my outlook inbox are tied to it too), I can access my Gmail and google calendar from my laptop, my desktop, work, the library, etc. 
Georgetown

Typhoon Longwang

• Sr. Citizen
  • I have the power to stop an LSAT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 03:47:41 PM »
I just tried out another calendar program and after a few minutes it looks pretty slick.  It looks as though Lotus Agenda has been open-sourced and made available for further development by anyone interested in improving the calendar.  It's definitely better than Sunbird, but I'm not sure if it could be made to sync with GoogleCalendar.

http://www.osafoundation.org/