Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GW to enroll 770+ students?!?!?!  (Read 936 times)

Patrick Fitzgerald

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
GW to enroll 770+ students?!?!?!
« on: August 02, 2006, 07:51:34 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_George_Washington_University_Law_School

In the summer of 2006, George Washington Law gained notoriety when its Admissions office enrolled over 770 people in its incoming fall class, over 200 more than in in recent years.[[2]] This angered many current and incoming students, and caused a locker shortage ultimately provoking the Student Bar Association to recommend GW students purchase "wheelie bags," or suitcases typically wheeled through airports.[[3]]

when did I miss this?!?!

Marcus2009

• View Profile
Re: GW to enroll 770+ students?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 08:31:14 PM »
I don't see the paragraph you quoted on the wiki page.  Where did that paragraph come from?

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 08:31:49 PM »
Some xoxo poster made that entry...but GW has increased its population.
Columbia 3L

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 08:36:15 PM »
Wow, if that isn't a flame then it makes ND's overenrollment seem positively miniscule in comparison.

Patrick Fitzgerald

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 08:46:47 PM »
http://www.gwsba.com/lockerRequest/startLockerRequest.php

The SBA says 770+ incoming students means that 2Ls and 3Ls will have to share lockers. They've recommended students get wheelie bags sporting the Paddington Bear logo. This is up from last year's incoming class of 537. HTH.

grendel20

• imma boy.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - calvintomyhobbes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 12:11:48 AM »
haha, sucks, i didn't get in to GW...... but i wasn't really expecting too........ more of an imma apply there 'cause my buddy goes there and it'd be nice to see him again but i know its not gunna happen thing.

ya know.  those things.

TheGunner

• Sr. Citizen
  • Seems simple enough...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 10:19:05 AM »
This has been resolved.  Some idiot on the GW SBA wrote on the SBA website that 770 students were coming as the incoming 1L class.  I think it was a way to get 2Ls and 3Ls to share lockers.  Not official by any means.
The Associate Dean on the admitted students board said the class would be the same size as last year.

Patrick Fitzgerald

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 11:21:56 AM »
Best of luck with your blackjack career. If you make it big time you can upgrade to a scooby doo wheelie bag!

This has been resolved.  Some idiot on the GW SBA wrote on the SBA website that 770 students were coming as the incoming 1L class.  I think it was a way to get 2Ls and 3Ls to share lockers.  Not official by any means.
The Associate Dean on the admitted students board said the class would be the same size as last year.