Law School Discussion

writing about grades

tzip

writing about grades
« on: August 01, 2006, 02:04:21 PM »
My UGPA went up consitently and pretty dramatically each year from pretty low to pretty high. I attribute that to the fact that I moved to the U.S. a couple of years before my freshman year, and each year became more comfortable with the whole English/acdemia thing. My personal statement is going to be about my army service, but I wanted to know if I should mention the grade difference in my diversity statement (which im writing about moving to the U.S.), or mention it in a seperate short piece, or not mention it at all and let the transcript do the talking.
what daya think?

jacy85

• View Profile
Re: writing about grades
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 02:20:52 PM »
I'd leave the bulk of it in a separate addendum.  You want to use your diversity statement and PS to share as much as possible about yourself, as a person, as you can.  Wait and see how your diversity statement comes out; if it would fit well to quickly highlight your general improvement with a couple of sentences while talking about your adjustment, etc, that'd probably be fine.  I'd also write an addendum, however, to really just highlight and focus in on your improvement.  I think all those things together would really tell your story and be convincing.

tzip

Re: writing about grades
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 04:33:05 PM »
cheers mate!
how long does an addendum like that need to be? just a couple of sentences?