Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re-Applying/ Personal Statement  (Read 463 times)

Coreysmommy

• View Profile
Re-Applying/ Personal Statement
« on: August 01, 2006, 03:48:08 PM »
OK, so I applied to school last year B4 I received my Dec LSAT score which when I received it I was not expecting to be admitted to any law school. By the grace of GOD I was waitlisted at two schools and denied by the rest but I was not expecting much with a 139 LSAT score. After 1300$ on test masters and diagnostics ranging in the 150ís I was not worried about the test and went ahead like a crazy woman and applied to schools not knowing my fate. Well I retook in June and got a 145 no biggie and I am reconsidering taking it again but am unsure. I know I am not a dummy so I have no idea why this test seems to defeat me. Well some of the schools will accept this score but I was told to rewrite my personal statement or reword it so admissions will feel that I made the effort. Now I have no idea how to do this because my personal statement is about me and it came from my heart and it is all in all very personal so I donít know what else to write about. I can make up someoneís life and make it interesting but if they re-look at my last years file I am sure to be called a phony. I am sure the LSAT score was the reason for denial but I just want to cover all angles B4 applying again.

Well if anyone is willing to read my personal statement and give me an idea on how to change it I would be grateful.

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
Re: Re-Applying/ Personal Statement
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 04:18:44 PM »
You can PM me & I'll read it.  Are you definately applying to the same exact schools?

iSalute

• Sr. Citizen
  • Freedom don't come free
    • View Profile
    • Check us out...
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 04:24:08 PM »
i know how you feel about your lsat scores. i am sitting steady in the 140s, and cannot pull out of it. i have been taking a course for the test and all that jazz, but no results!

I would consider myself quite intelligent as well, and definitely ambitious. I am at the top of my class as a civil engineer. i am the president of our civil engineering club. i am highly regarded in the civil engineering professional world for my achievements and work ethic. even with all of that, law schools will only see the number i recieve on the lsat. they will not realize how hard i work in life and that i would succeed at any school. stupid tests kicking my butt!

keep the faith...youre gonna do it!!
The University of San Diego c/o 2011.

http://themeaningofmadness.blogspot.com/

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 06:09:56 PM »
pm me i'll give it a look. i do quite a bit of writing and editing at my job....actually thats about all i do so i'll try to be helpful
...man, you was who you was before you got here

jrosh

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 10:51:01 PM »
I'd like to read it also.