Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Did your undergrad grade on a curve?

Yes, for nearly every class.
Yes, but only for core classes
No.

Author Topic: POLL: Did your undergrad grade on a curve?  (Read 385 times)

Ron Hiatt

• Sr. Citizen
  • slave to the "unread replies to your posts" link..
    • View Profile
POLL: Did your undergrad grade on a curve?
« on: August 01, 2006, 02:47:05 PM »
I was amazed to find out recently that most undergraduates courses are not subject to a forced curve, and this type of grading comes as a shock to most when they get to law school. My school graded every class on a forced curve... that explains how so many on this board are able to have such high UGPAs.

I'm interested to find out what percentage of UGPAs were subject to a forced curve.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: Did your undergrad grade on a curve?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 03:02:03 PM »
The college didn't curve but the b school (which I graduated from) did.  Maybe that's part of the reason that college kids claimed that we b school students were so competitive (I didn't think it was that competitive).
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

Ron Hiatt

• Sr. Citizen
  • slave to the "unread replies to your posts" link..
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 02:08:14 PM »
bump.

looks like there are a lot of undergrads on a curve. i guess i was wrong. anyone else want to weigh in?

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 02:46:20 PM »
I was paying so little attention in UG that I honestly have no idea.  I don't think so though, although not many classes seemed too top-heavy with A's.
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

obamacon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 02:54:23 PM »
Mine didn't have a forced curve, but it didn't really matter. Professors were looking for a certain level of ability and those who met their expectations got As, even if it was only a handful of people. In fact, I had a professor who would routinely go several semesters without awarding even one A.

spud1987

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 07:41:11 PM »
Mine had a forced curve with the median set at 2.7.  It sucks though because its not like I get any benefit from this as I attend a state school.

LittleGirl

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 07:56:31 PM »
At our school it depends on the major or even the individual class/prof. As for what I've heard at our school, in general the hard sciences curve to a B, the business school curves to a B-, Humanities curve to a B.