Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: the White Revival  (Read 9811 times)

HBCU.EDU

Re: the White Revival
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2004, 03:23:15 PM »
Yeah man...white power!! (in a dave chappelle kinda way).

NascarDixieFlagsandBowlingBalls

• Just a Good Ole Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2004, 03:41:25 PM »
Rebel Yell!

M2

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2004, 03:46:30 PM »
75% Italian and 25 % Irish/German respresenting here... which makes me white...but not pasty thank god

I think olive whites do end up gaining more street cred - as DG says, brown is good...

When I lived in Florida I was even darker. In middle school I had someone ask me if i was white one time... Interesting occurence to say the least.
My first thought though was "why does it matter"

lexylit

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2004, 04:02:22 PM »
when i lived in mexico people called me blonde. ME.

i was like, i'm not blonde... they said, for mexico you are

nlyang

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • my lsn data
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2004, 04:05:57 PM »
ireland's great contribution to the sporting world: Hurling.

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2004, 04:23:29 PM »
White Power!! (In a dave chappelle kinda way)!

lexylit

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2004, 06:05:24 PM »
ps, i just bought a california roll (take-out) for lunch and the woman gave me no chopsticks. just a little plastic fork.

wtf, does that mean i look superwhite? and superuncouth?

londongirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2004, 08:02:07 PM »
I am white, Dad's family from Samarkand/Bukhara, Mum's (yes, with a u) from Romania and Russia. Jewish.
And I get taken for Irish all the time. green eyes and dark hair. I have the curliest hair you'll ever see. Tight ringlets. That gives away my Jewishness.

lawguy

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2004, 08:30:50 PM »
ps, i just bought a california roll (take-out) for lunch and the woman gave me no chopsticks. just a little plastic fork.

wtf, does that mean i look superwhite? and superuncouth?

Haha, that's funny!  But I don't think they mean any offense or anything.  I'm Asian (Burmese/Chinese), but I was basically raised here, and totally come off as a second generation Asian-American, so sometimes they even give me a fork instead of chopsticks!  They're probably just trying to be accommodating is all.

lawguy

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2004, 08:35:42 PM »
I am white, Dad's family from Samarkand/Bukhara, Mum's (yes, with a u) from Romania and Russia. Jewish.
And I get taken for Irish all the time. green eyes and dark hair. I have the curliest hair you'll ever see. Tight ringlets. That gives away my Jewishness.

Ma nishma?  Sorry that's the extent of my Hebrew. ;)  I actually once tried taking a Hebrew class and naturally I was the only Asian guy in the class.  But funny story, I was feeling all uncomfortable and stuff when this Jewish guy leans over and says to me, "Ne hao ma?" (Chinese for "How are you?")!  Later I found out he actually studied abroad in China for a whole year and actually spoke Chinese waaay better than I can.  I thought that was pretty cool.  Anyhow but I still dropped the class cuz it was pretty hard!

Samarkand, isn't that the ancient home of the Mongols?  What a weird ancestry you have (I mean weird in a good sense of course).