Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Divde the "Last 200 Posts" feature...  (Read 1191 times)

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attending: Notre Dame
    • View Profile
    • Email
Divde the "Last 200 Posts" feature...
« on: August 18, 2004, 02:18:37 PM »
Lately, there has been some complaints about the magintude of sexual postings on this board.  The only real problem with it is that when you click the "Last 200 Posts" tab, you have to search through many off-topic posts in order to find useful law school related information.  Thus, I suggest you divide the Last 200 posts feature into the "Last 200 Off-Topic Posts" (Love and Hate board) and the "Last 200 On-Topic Posts" (everything else).  I think this solution will make everyone happy.

Thanks and Gig 'Em,
Jason

nathanielmark

Re: Divde the "Last 200 Posts" feature...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 02:27:51 PM »
agreed.  there is nothing like having your boss sneak up behind you when there are threads about "titty f-ing" displayed on your browser.

Ginatio

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 02:28:54 PM »
agreed.  there is nothing like having your boss sneak up behind you when there are threads about "titty f-ing" displayed on your browser.

lmao... imagine what the network admin must think

nathanielmark

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 02:30:54 PM »
well they filter inappropriate content based on the URL, im hoping they dont parse on the level of page content..  but things as they are where i work, they would get rid of me (and everyone else) if they could anyway, so it may not matter much.

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 10:11:09 AM »

Crew - this site is on my resume!  Imagine what potential employers are going to think!  ("A-hem!  Yes... Law School Discussion indeed...")

It's a good idea to make some sort of divide, and technically possible.  I'll get to work on that soon.  We're going to have bigger issues over the next few days I'm afriad...

Ginatio

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2004, 10:23:26 AM »

Crew - this site is on my resume!  Imagine what potential employers are going to think!  ("A-hem!  Yes... Law School Discussion indeed...")

lol. have you considered that this may be the reason for your current unemployment?  :D