Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Are women given URM benefits in the admissions process, and should they be?

They are not, nor should they be.
 22 (34.4%)
They are, but shouldn't be.
 5 (7.8%)
They aren't, but should be.
 15 (23.4%)
They aren't, and shouldn't be.
 22 (34.4%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Women = URM???  (Read 9879 times)

KristyB

Re: Women = URM???
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2004, 12:48:23 AM »
My problem with women being underrepresented has to do with once we get out of law school. There is still a huge gap between the number of women in high positions in law and men in high positions. This may have something to do with law school in some way but I think that is has more to do with our society and still not seeing women as capable in these positions as men. Or maybe women don't have as high of expectations for themselves, I don't know. I'm not saying there aren't powerful women out there in high positions in law, I just think there needs to be alot more.

Ginatio

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2004, 12:52:48 AM »
My problem with women being underrepresented has to do with once we get out of law school. There is still a huge gap between the number of women in high positions in law and men in high positions. This may have something to do with law school in some way but I think that is has more to do with our society and still not seeing women as capable in these positions as men. Or maybe women don't have as high of expectations for themselves, I don't know. I'm not saying there aren't powerful women out there in high positions in law, I just think there needs to be alot more.

women will get there just as soon as they stop having babies.

KristyB

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2004, 12:56:43 AM »
Good point. It is happening more and more now though. Less professionals are having children which sucks becuase alot of people that should be reproducing aren't.

mukhia

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2004, 12:58:55 AM »

women will get there just as soon as they stop having babies.

I am initiating this movement.  I call it campaign BABES NOT BABIES.

lexylit

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2004, 02:39:45 AM »

oooo, will there be tee-shirts?

mukhia

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2004, 09:32:04 AM »

oooo, will there be tee-shirts?

Yes.  But yours will say:  BOOBIES NOT BABIES  ;)

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2004, 10:48:48 AM »
boobs are fun

lexylit

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2004, 11:08:22 AM »
i guess itll be a baby tee

i was just reading about the girl who makes the ones that say "the only bush i trust is my own"  :D

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2004, 11:28:06 AM »
I saw one that showed "good bush, bad bush"

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2004, 12:08:01 PM »
i think i posted this on another thread.  my coworker wore a "somewhere in texas, a village is missing its idiot" t-shirt with a picture of bush on it to austin last weekend.  we warned him that his black, gay, skinny, democrat ass was going to get kicked, but before we realized he was going to austin, not another city in texas.  he said he felt right at home in the sea of kerry/edwards bumper stickers in austin :)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?