Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dershowitz on Israel  (Read 6153 times)

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Dershowitz on Israel
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2006, 10:34:37 PM »
Fedora, dude.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2006, 01:44:32 PM »
here is the deal...

dershowitz is trying to stay in the dimming gaslight...don't get sucked in by his flatulating.

1. return the two captured soldiers.
2. buffer zone

it is that simple...

then let al-jazeerah try to spin that...it will stick in their stomaches like a sliver of strychnine 

then hezb-allah "crescenting" guerrillas will have lost their little war.
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

chris43

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2006, 08:07:00 PM »
before you sentence israel for the deaths of "dozens of children" read this:

http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/archives/188571.php

honestly, if you believe this, i can see no reason why you wouldn't also believe the conspiracy theory nonsense surrounding the world trade center attack.  they both trade in the same variety of amateurish speculation.  (maybe you do believe 9/11 was a hoax, but somehow i doubt it.)

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2006, 02:36:44 PM »
as far as how this conflict began, it did NOT begin with rockets fired by hezbollah. it started with hezbollah kidnapping TWO soldiers, as a bargaining chip to release lebanese and palestinian WOMEN AND CHILDREN from israeli prisons!
israel retaliated by essentially carpet bombing civilian residences whee hezbollah leaders were SUSPECTED of residing, thereby killing dozens of civilians in the process.
THEN,and only then did hezbollah launch rockets, not because they want to "kill as many israeli civilians possible", but bc they cant afford the hundreds of F-16s and cluster bombs that the US is selling to israel.

and the precedent for negotiating with "terrorists" was created by ariel sharon of all people, who agreed to a similar deal a few years earlier.

second, hezbollah is NOT a terrorist organization. it is a resistance movement created in response to israel occupying southern lebanon in the 1970s..

and now, they are proving their relevance and necessity. if it werent for them, israel would merely continue to bully and strongarm people (innocent and otherwise) who are barely capable of defending themselves.
Hezbollah is also responsible for much humanitarian and philanthropic work in lebanon.

if you look up the REAL definition of terrorism, it is easier to indict israel than hezbollah.

wake the f*ck up people. there is a reason why the ONLY broad based support for israels current actions lies in only 1.israel and 2. the united states.

Hezbollah was firing rockets before Israel started its air strikes

Those "WOMEN and CHILDREN" you speak of were (1) NOT palestinian, (2) NOT woman and children, and (3) tried and convicted in israeli courts.

Just because Hezbollah (an organization, not a country) cant afford better bombs, does not give them right to shoot the ones they have into a civilian area.  They are not even TARGETING the military.  They are going straight for the citizens.  But Israel's a terrorist group (country) because they are bombing military strongholds that also happen to be peoples kitchens.  Right. 

Hezbollah is being held to NO standards, and NO responsibilites, while Israel is made to be the bad guy.

Hezbollah started this by crossing into a soveriegn nation, and while unprovoked, kidnapped two soldiers of a soveriegn nation.  But oh yeah, THATS okay.

Again, as Olmert said:  "If you sleep with missiles, sometimes you dont wake up"

Now you wake the f*ck up.

::)

you go to a religious school ive never even heard of.
i go to one of the best universities in the world and majored in international relations.

are you one of those evangelicals that support israel bc you believe israel must be secure for the second coming of christ?

get your facts straight, i cant even begin to address such idiocy.

flame, no substance
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2006, 02:37:17 PM »

i go to one of the best universities in the world and majored in international relations.

are you one of those evangelicals that support israel bc you believe israel must be secure for the second coming of christ?

Well its nice to see that you wont address such idiocy.  I am not above that behavior, so here goes.

I see you're new here to LSD.  I thought I'd help ya out a bit.  This board is comprised of, generally, lots of smart people.  And when smart people disagree with each others arguments, they attack the points of the argument, not the person.  That is what, as the above poster said, is an "Ad hominem attack". 

As for the record, the catholic school that I will begin attending on Monday is St. Johns, School of Law (read: not undergraduate).  Also, I am not Catholic (not that it matters if I was).

Im happy you're from one of the best universities in the world (never before has there been a more subjective sentence).  If you plan to ever get into, or succeed in a law school, you should learn to debate properly, and also to not make up facts as you go along, as people will surely call you out on them.

Welcome to LSD!

0111N3d!!!

HTFH

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2006, 02:38:27 PM »

oooh... international relations. can you relate anything of value with that other than the bull you spew.  i went to one of the best universities in the world and got a real degree.  soon to attend a real law school. 

thank g-d the evangelicals and Jews combined have more power than you terror-appeasniks and Muslim terrorists.  and we always will.

i think somebody earlier said it best, you have an avatar pic with an AK-47 and "drool" underneath it. IRs relevance is the fact that my field of studies makes me generally more knowledgable on international issues than those in other fields.
the last part of that quote, wow. thats all i can say. enjoy your "real law school". once i get in mine we can compare. but i assure you, my #s, soft factors and just me being me will assure me a school thats at least 2 tiers above yours.
ps nice gun. my coworker from pakistan can get you one for about US$200. why dont you do the world a favor and use it to make yourself as better (more dead) person. you ignorant, evangelical bi*tch. the whole world laughs at you. you are literally the taliban of the US. if creationism were real, god would never have created a pointless piece of work like you.

do you have any arguments with substance?  what are they teaching kids these days?  No argument, no logic, no reason, nothing except hatred and ad hominem

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2006, 04:43:02 PM »
*cough troll cough*
Freak is the best, Freak is the best!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I don't like calling you Freak, I'd rather call you  Normal Nice Guy.

Boughetto

• "Hold my drink, b*tch"
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2006, 07:31:08 PM »
Im starting to realize how pointless this all is once you tools start dropping the cyber speak. i wish you all the best of luck in whatever you do. try and keep and open mind and realize that you (as americans who dont question the policies of your government or its allies) are aiding and abetting many of the ills, injustuces and atrocities of this world. I have nothing but faith in the american ideals and way of life, but the dichotomy between well educated, worldly, and compassionate people not jaded by greed, gluttony and vain jingoism and those who are the opposite is the greatest tragedy of your great country.
you should realize the actions that happen a world away (middle east) directly affect each and every one of you: ie, september 11 happened IN PART because osama et al were pissed off by two things 1.US military presence in saudi arabia, and probably more important in the near future 2.US support of israels oppression of the palestinians.
palestinians are people as well. they deserve to live free lives not limited by mass colonization and ethnic segregation into refugee camps and squalor which are constantly being obliterated by israeli military incursions. they lost their land on the political whims of the biritsh and the americans after WW2 (balfour declaration etc). this is the root of the conflict that is happening today.hezbollah is NOT just a terror organization. you want to talk about the subjevtivity of terror? how about the fact that it was americans who supported the IRA in its struggle against britain. it really is laughable how you use the term "the terrorists" against anyone who picks up a gun or who might have dark skin and a political cause. ever see team america:world police? its funny bc it mocks how simple minded some of you are.  hezbollah is an agent which is fighting the oppression of israel. cause and effect. the bombs started flying with israel. this is common knowledge among those who know. and dont say hezbollah started the attacks. pick up the latest issue of the economist if you think im just making this up. your problem is you guys read media dominated by jewish interests, hence your subjective approach to this issue and disregard for any argument which may seem contrary to your views. I have no doubt that in an appropriate setting, at an appropriate time, i could outdo any of you who think your more intelligent, more objective etc than me. but to tell you the truth, i have a life, a good one, and i surround myself with people who arent ignorant, simple minded, and complete and utter social troglodytes. ie NOT ppl who have thousands of LSD postings and who use lingo like "troll" and random alphanumeric jibber jabber (USC guy this is you).
if any of you actually want to open your eyes, there are many resources out there offering different (ie non jewish biased) sources of media. robert fisk books, the economist, the BBC just to name a few.
but, if you still want to refer to fox news reports, knock yourself out. just dont assume youre in a position to condescend or patronize me.

rhombot

• Sr. Citizen
  • hanthala
    • View Profile
finkelstein on dershowitz's apologetics for terror
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2006, 11:25:24 PM »
"Descent Into Moral Barbarism
Should Alan Dershowitz Target Himself for Assassination?

By NORMAN FINKELSTEIN

As Israel's military bravely fires away shells and missiles to lay waste the fragile human and physical infrastructure of Lebanon, Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz, waging battle on a second front to legitimize Israel's criminal aggression, bravely fires away op-eds from his foxhole at Martha's Vineyard to lay waste the fragile infrastructure of international law. These are but the latest salvoes in Dershowitz's long and distinguished career of apologetics on behalf of his Holy State.

Since becoming a born-again Zionist after the June 1967 war Dershowitz has justified each and all of Israel's egregious violations of international law. In recent years he has used the "war on terrorism" as a springboard for a full frontal assault on this body of law. Appearing shortly after the outbreak of the second intifada, his book Why Terrorism Works (2002) served to rationalize Israel's brutal repression of the uprising. In 2006 Dershowitz published a companion volume, Preemption: A Knife that Cuts Both Ways, to justify Israel's preventive use of force against Iran. It is painfully clear from their content that Dershowitz possesses little knowledge or for that matter interest in the timely political topics that purport to be the stimuli for his interventions. In reality each book is keyed to a current Israeli political crisis and seeks to rationalize the most extreme measures for resolving it. If Why Terrorism Works used the war on terrorism as a juggernaut to set back the clock on protection of civilians from occupying armies, Preemption uses the war on terrorism to set back the clock on the protection of states from wars of aggression. Dershowitz's current missives from Martha's Vineyard take aim at the protection of civilians in times of war."

http://www.counterpunch.org/finkelstein08122006.html
case '09

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: finkelstein on dershowitz's apologetics for terror
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2006, 03:22:20 AM »
"Descent Into Moral Barbarism
Should Alan Dershowitz Target Himself for Assassination?

By NORMAN FINKELSTEIN

As Israel's military bravely fires away shells and missiles to lay waste the fragile human and physical infrastructure of Lebanon, Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz, waging battle on a second front to legitimize Israel's criminal aggression, bravely fires away op-eds from his foxhole at Martha's Vineyard to lay waste the fragile infrastructure of international law. These are but the latest salvoes in Dershowitz's long and distinguished career of apologetics on behalf of his Holy State.

Since becoming a born-again Zionist after the June 1967 war Dershowitz has justified each and all of Israel's egregious violations of international law. In recent years he has used the "war on terrorism" as a springboard for a full frontal assault on this body of law. Appearing shortly after the outbreak of the second intifada, his book Why Terrorism Works (2002) served to rationalize Israel's brutal repression of the uprising. In 2006 Dershowitz published a companion volume, Preemption: A Knife that Cuts Both Ways, to justify Israel's preventive use of force against Iran. It is painfully clear from their content that Dershowitz possesses little knowledge or for that matter interest in the timely political topics that purport to be the stimuli for his interventions. In reality each book is keyed to a current Israeli political crisis and seeks to rationalize the most extreme measures for resolving it. If Why Terrorism Works used the war on terrorism as a juggernaut to set back the clock on protection of civilians from occupying armies, Preemption uses the war on terrorism to set back the clock on the protection of states from wars of aggression. Dershowitz's current missives from Martha's Vineyard take aim at the protection of civilians in times of war."

http://www.counterpunch.org/finkelstein08122006.html

die in a terrorist attack.  stupid dhimmi.

Trollik, you're going to get this thread hateraded.  This tactic of yours is getting really tired.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.