Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dershowitz on Israel  (Read 6551 times)

Boughetto

• "Hold my drink, b*tch"
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dershowitz on Israel
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2006, 06:17:30 PM »
what somebodyhas clearly failed to mention is that dershowitz is a jew. that article is a perfect example of how a pro-israeli propaganda pervades american media and pollutes the minds of those too ignorant to really know the historical context and background of the arab/israeli conflict in general and th israeli/palestinian conflict in particular.
anybody who has studied international law, and is nonpartisan,would agree that israel is violating both the principles of jus ad bellum and jus in bello.
not only is this war not being fought to achieve peace (which refers to the former), its goal of blind revenge and intimidation through sheer force merely hardens the opposition and causes israel to lose credibility and support on a broader geopolitical scale. not only are israels actions illegal, and immoral, they are counterproductive to israels own interests!

israels actions also violate any notion of discriminating from non-military targets, as well as proportionality. not to mention their disproportionate use of cluster bomb munitions, which are by themselves a gray area under international law.

Boughetto

• "Hold my drink, b*tch"
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2006, 06:27:30 PM »
as far as how this conflict began, it did NOT begin with rockets fired by hezbollah. it started with hezbollah kidnapping TWO soldiers, as a bargaining chip to release lebanese and palestinian WOMEN AND CHILDREN from israeli prisons!
israel retaliated by essentially carpet bombing civilian residences whee hezbollah leaders were SUSPECTED of residing, thereby killing dozens of civilians in the process.
THEN,and only then did hezbollah launch rockets, not because they want to "kill as many israeli civilians possible", but bc they cant afford the hundreds of F-16s and cluster bombs that the US is selling to israel.

and the precedent for negotiating with "terrorists" was created by ariel sharon of all people, who agreed to a similar deal a few years earlier.

second, hezbollah is NOT a terrorist organization. it is a resistance movement created in response to israel occupying southern lebanon in the 1970s..

and now, they are proving their relevance and necessity. if it werent for them, israel would merely continue to bully and strongarm people (innocent and otherwise) who are barely capable of defending themselves.
Hezbollah is also responsible for much humanitarian and philanthropic work in lebanon.

if you look up the REAL definition of terrorism, it is easier to indict israel than hezbollah.

wake the f*ck up people. there is a reason why the ONLY broad based support for israels current actions lies in only 1.israel and 2. the united states.

krumanadi

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2006, 08:20:31 PM »
as far as how this conflict began, it did NOT begin with rockets fired by hezbollah. it started with hezbollah kidnapping TWO soldiers, as a bargaining chip to release lebanese and palestinian WOMEN AND CHILDREN from israeli prisons!
israel retaliated by essentially carpet bombing civilian residences whee hezbollah leaders were SUSPECTED of residing, thereby killing dozens of civilians in the process.
THEN,and only then did hezbollah launch rockets, not because they want to "kill as many israeli civilians possible", but bc they cant afford the hundreds of F-16s and cluster bombs that the US is selling to israel.

and the precedent for negotiating with "terrorists" was created by ariel sharon of all people, who agreed to a similar deal a few years earlier.

second, hezbollah is NOT a terrorist organization. it is a resistance movement created in response to israel occupying southern lebanon in the 1970s..

and now, they are proving their relevance and necessity. if it werent for them, israel would merely continue to bully and strongarm people (innocent and otherwise) who are barely capable of defending themselves.
Hezbollah is also responsible for much humanitarian and philanthropic work in lebanon.

if you look up the REAL definition of terrorism, it is easier to indict israel than hezbollah.

wake the f*ck up people. there is a reason why the ONLY broad based support for israels current actions lies in only 1.israel and 2. the united states.

Hezbollah was firing rockets before Israel started its air strikes

Those "WOMEN and CHILDREN" you speak of were (1) NOT palestinian, (2) NOT woman and children, and (3) tried and convicted in israeli courts.

Just because Hezbollah (an organization, not a country) cant afford better bombs, does not give them right to shoot the ones they have into a civilian area.  They are not even TARGETING the military.  They are going straight for the citizens.  But Israel's a terrorist group (country) because they are bombing military strongholds that also happen to be peoples kitchens.  Right. 

Hezbollah is being held to NO standards, and NO responsibilites, while Israel is made to be the bad guy.

Hezbollah started this by crossing into a soveriegn nation, and while unprovoked, kidnapped two soldiers of a soveriegn nation.  But oh yeah, THATS okay.

Again, as Olmert said:  "If you sleep with missiles, sometimes you dont wake up"

Now you wake the f*ck up.

Boughetto

• "Hold my drink, b*tch"
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2006, 08:43:59 PM »

Hezbollah was firing rockets before Israel started its air strikes

Those "WOMEN and CHILDREN" you speak of were (1) NOT palestinian, (2) NOT woman and children, and (3) tried and convicted in israeli courts.

Just because Hezbollah (an organization, not a country) cant afford better bombs, does not give them right to shoot the ones they have into a civilian area.  They are not even TARGETING the military.  They are going straight for the citizens.  But Israel's a terrorist group (country) because they are bombing military strongholds that also happen to be peoples kitchens.  Right. 

Hezbollah is being held to NO standards, and NO responsibilites, while Israel is made to be the bad guy.

Hezbollah started this by crossing into a soveriegn nation, and while unprovoked, kidnapped two soldiers of a soveriegn nation.  But oh yeah, THATS okay.

Again, as Olmert said:  "If you sleep with missiles, sometimes you dont wake up"

Now you wake the f*ck up.

::)

you go to a religious school ive never even heard of.
i go to one of the best universities in the world and majored in international relations.

are you one of those evangelicals that support israel bc you believe israel must be secure for the second coming of christ?

get your facts straight, i cant even begin to address such idiocy.

meestameesta

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2006, 08:57:05 PM »
nice ad hominems...feminine hygiene product bag
yeehaw Dallas

krumanadi

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2006, 09:30:04 PM »

i go to one of the best universities in the world and majored in international relations.

are you one of those evangelicals that support israel bc you believe israel must be secure for the second coming of christ?

Well its nice to see that you wont address such idiocy.  I am not above that behavior, so here goes.

I see you're new here to LSD.  I thought I'd help ya out a bit.  This board is comprised of, generally, lots of smart people.  And when smart people disagree with each others arguments, they attack the points of the argument, not the person.  That is what, as the above poster said, is an "Ad hominem attack". 

As for the record, the catholic school that I will begin attending on Monday is St. Johns, School of Law (read: not undergraduate).  Also, I am not Catholic (not that it matters if I was).

Im happy you're from one of the best universities in the world (never before has there been a more subjective sentence).  If you plan to ever get into, or succeed in a law school, you should learn to debate properly, and also to not make up facts as you go along, as people will surely call you out on them.

Welcome to LSD!

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2006, 09:36:53 PM »
If you plan to ever get into, or succeed in a law school, you should learn to debate properly, and also to not make up facts as you go along

Failing that, if you find yourself at a law school unable to debate properly or get your facts right, wear a fedora every day; at least you'll have style.

krumanadi

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2006, 09:38:19 PM »
If you plan to ever get into, or succeed in a law school, you should learn to debate properly, and also to not make up facts as you go along

Failing that, if you find yourself at a law school unable to debate properly or get your facts right, wear a fedora every day, at least you'll have style.

:D

Boughetto

• "Hold my drink, b*tch"
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2006, 10:08:39 PM »

Well its nice to see that you wont address such idiocy.  I am not above that behavior, so here goes.

I see you're new here to LSD.  I thought I'd help ya out a bit.  This board is comprised of, generally, lots of smart people.  And when smart people disagree with each others arguments, they attack the points of the argument, not the person.  That is what, as the above poster said, is an "Ad hominem attack". 

As for the record, the catholic school that I will begin attending on Monday is St. Johns, School of Law (read: not undergraduate).  Also, I am not Catholic (not that it matters if I was).

Im happy you're from one of the best universities in the world (never before has there been a more subjective sentence).  If you plan to ever get into, or succeed in a law school, you should learn to debate properly, and also to not make up facts as you go along, as people will surely call you out on them.

Welcome to LSD!

ok. you go to a law school ive never heard of. i am going to one most people have definitely heard of. hows that for subjectivity? its called empirical evidence of ME BEING MORE INTELLIGENT, WELL INFORMED AND WORLDLY than you. just because i dont have the time to write thousands of posts going over every debatable topic doesnt mean my argumentative skills couldnt make yours look like that of some black guy on maury pauvich trying to convince his baby momma the kid aint his.
ps its ppl like you who justify the fact the US have a tiered law school system. and i didnt address your argument because it was so full of factual inaccuracies that I knew you werent on my level. hence me putting you in your place personally. hope you didnt get too offended. enjoy your catholic TTT. watch out for priests i hear they're very "touchy-feely". might boost your grades which will probably suck though.

Boughetto

• "Hold my drink, b*tch"
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2006, 10:32:48 PM »

oooh... international relations. can you relate anything of value with that other than the bull you spew.  i went to one of the best universities in the world and got a real degree.  soon to attend a real law school. 

thank g-d the evangelicals and Jews combined have more power than you terror-appeasniks and Muslim terrorists.  and we always will.

i think somebody earlier said it best, you have an avatar pic with an AK-47 and "drool" underneath it. IRs relevance is the fact that my field of studies makes me generally more knowledgable on international issues than those in other fields.
the last part of that quote, wow. thats all i can say. enjoy your "real law school". once i get in mine we can compare. but i assure you, my #s, soft factors and just me being me will assure me a school thats at least 2 tiers above yours.
ps nice gun. my coworker from pakistan can get you one for about US$200. why dont you do the world a favor and use it to make yourself as better (more dead) person. you ignorant, evangelical bi*tch. the whole world laughs at you. you are literally the taliban of the US. if creationism were real, god would never have created a pointless piece of work like you.