Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Isreal Takes Down the Terrorists  (Read 6669 times)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Isreal Takes Down the Terrorists
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 04:25:10 PM »
I'm also (more) interested in your thoughts about the obligation of the unoccupied nation's to use force responsibly. 

Force used responsibly? The terrorists should pay for what they have done. Force is not an issue. If you have murdered a person in the US; and when the police break down your door, throw you on the ground, punch you in the back of the neck (for not cooperating), then toss you into jail...is that a misuse of force? Should no force be used? How responsible should the officers be?

If the suspect is a murderer, they should be shot on site. That is it.

This is not exactly the American way, kid.  Read your Constitution lately?  I'm assuming you think of yourself as a patriot. 

In any case, I wasn't even talking about using force responsibly against the "murderer" in your example or against terrorists.  I was talking about using force responsibly against civilians.  If you have no interest in this, I question your morality.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

iSalute

• Sr. Citizen
  • Freedom don't come free
    • View Profile
    • Check us out...
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 04:29:41 PM »
I'm also (more) interested in your thoughts about the obligation of the unoccupied nation's to use force responsibly. 

Force used responsibly? The terrorists should pay for what they have done. Force is not an issue. If you have murdered a person in the US; and when the police break down your door, throw you on the ground, punch you in the back of the neck (for not cooperating), then toss you into jail...is that a misuse of force? Should no force be used? How responsible should the officers be?

If the suspect is a murderer, they should be shot on site. That is it.

This is not exactly the American way, kid.  Read your Constitution lately?  I'm assuming you think of yourself as a patriot. 

In any case, I wasn't even talking about using force responsibly against the "murderer" in your example or against terrorists.  I was talking about using force responsibly against civilians.  If you have no interest in this, I question your morality.

The world was once based on morals. However, today, it seems as though they have been thrown out the window. And I will attribute this to a group of blood-thirsty people who would like nothing more than to kill every white man on this planet.

Given the chance, I would like to physically show them what hate they have fueled in me.

Seriously, F them. They are irrational, irresponsible, and deserve to die a most painful death for their sins.
The University of San Diego c/o 2011.

http://themeaningofmadness.blogspot.com/

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 04:33:30 PM »
The world was once based on morals. However, today, it seems as though they have been thrown out the window. And I will attribute this to a group of blood-thirsty people who would like nothing more than to kill every white man on this planet.

Given the chance, I would like to physically show them what hate they have fueled in me.

Seriously, F them. They are irrational, irresponsible, and deserve to die a most painful death for their sins.

Yes, that's the problem with our world: white guys suffering and in danger.

You obviously don't have any specific knowledge about Lebanon and Israel or any interest in a rational discussion about the rules of war, so I think I'll just leave things here.

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 06:05:31 PM »
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,68214.0.html

Why'd you quote my post?  I don't get it.  Anyway, yeah, I saw that, but didn't we already discuss that column to death in the main thread?

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2006, 06:42:38 PM »
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,68214.0.html

Why'd you quote my post?  I don't get it.  Anyway, yeah, I saw that, but didn't we already discuss that column to death in the main thread?

arguing is pointless.  anything Israel does to attempt to take out Hezbollah is justified.  that's my POV.  so as long as they don't bomb clearly Christian neighborhoods of Beirut, for example, I think they have a full right to bombard.

I agree that arguing about it is pointless (not that anyone ever really responded to my arguments about it in the main thread, but whatever). 

In any case, there have been plenty of bombings in Ashrafiyeh, the main Christian enclave in Beirut.  Most have been precision attacks on vehicles reportedly carrying munitions, but there have been some casualties there.  I don't know if there are casualties in Zahleh and other Christian towns.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2006, 06:49:23 PM »
that makes it ok.  but I'd say you gotta be a lot more careful there than in south lebanon where the population actively supports their role as human shields for hezbollah.

Trollik, either they're being exploited as human shields or they are active Hezbollah supporters.  Human shields are not Hezbollah supporters by virtue of their exploitation.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2006, 06:55:47 PM »
that makes it ok.  but I'd say you gotta be a lot more careful there than in south lebanon where the population actively supports their role as human shields for hezbollah.

Trollik, either they're being exploited as human shields or they are active Hezbollah supporters.  Human shields are not Hezbollah supporters by virtue of their exploitation.

not necessarily.  a human shield can revel in this position, as many hezbollah supporters do.  if they die, they become martyrs, don't you see?

No, I don't see.  You have such a picture-book understanding of Islam and martyrdom.

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2006, 03:07:44 PM »
No matter what Israel does to protect itself, it will involve the death of civilians.  So, under your theory, Israel shoudl do nothing because they will kill innocents.  This result eventhough Israel has all the capability in the world. 

Israel shoudl stop because what they are doing is turning opinion against them? Opinion was already againt them, israel is backed into a corner, none of the options are enticing, and you want them to do nothing.
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 02:54:39 PM »
if hezbollah hit an Israeli home killing civilians, I wonder if they'd halt their operations or apologize.

double standard.

It's not a double standard to expect more from a sovereign, democratic nation than the performance of a rogue militia.  But whatever floats your boat.  If you want to view Hezbollah and the IDF on the same moral plane, I don't think that will really suit your purposes very well.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2006, 03:02:45 PM »
how long do they get that pass for?  And besides, it's Iran with the blood on their hands.  So Iran is allowed to kill civilians at will but Israel isn't?

No one is "allowed" to kill civilians.  What are you talking about?  Hezbollah has been roundly condemned all over these boards, with very few exceptions.  The question is whether the fact that Hezbollah is immoral means that Israel should lower its moral standards.

And I agree that Hezbollah's primary sources of support -- at least before the IDF operation -- were not within Lebanon.  I think this makes the full-scale assault on Lebanon even harder to justify.