Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Isreal Takes Down the Terrorists  (Read 6804 times)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Isreal Takes Down the Terrorists
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2006, 09:14:28 AM »
oldskeewl, i don't mean to sound harsh...but you have a very shallow understanding of all this.  I think you are out of your league here.

Oh, no, this is definitely the right league for people with very shallow understandings of the situation.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

likewise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2006, 09:37:26 AM »
It is quite unnerving to know that millions of muslims have such a deep hatred for Americans and the rest of the West for no solid reasons.

That's funny.   ::)

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2006, 02:26:56 PM »
Iseal and Hezbollah are not viewed the same way becasue they are totally diffrent things. Isreal is a nation with the 2nd highest military spending (per capita) in the world and Hezbollah is a small band of rebels with some fireworks.

So i guess Israel should pull punches until Hezbollah catches up?  would you have the same response if guerillas were attacking the us at the southern border?

If a small group of mexicans committed some crimes in the US I would not be in favor of bombing the entire population of mexico to try to get thoes individuals.

Lest say about 5 thousand Mexican guerillas decide that they want to "liberate" california and decide to conduct cross border raids, captureing and killin US servicemen.  The UN is apathetic and the Mexican government is inept.  Further, it turns out that Hugo Chavez is funding the guerillas and calls for the destruction of the US/CA.  The US, with no options left, would be 100% justified in bombing the infrastructure of Mexico to inhibit the resupply efforts of the guerillas.  ALSO, from wherever the guerillas fired rockets, the US would be justified in launching air strikes upon them.  Now, consider the fact that the guerillas have unreasonable demands, and believe their conflict i justified by their religious beliefs, and you have a situation in which the US could not negotiate out of.  the US would be 100% justified in bombing hte hell out of the guerilla positions and infrastructure.

Even if the figure of 5000 guerillas was correct, this would still be wrong. Firstly, the US would not be in this situation, becuase unlike Isreal, we did'nt kick people out of their holy land after randomly picking this as a location for our country. But even if we were, the US would never (hopefully) bomb the entire country of Mexico, a country of 107 million people, to get at only 5000 select individuals with primitive weapons.

When you translate your video game talk of 'gurilla positions' and 'infrastructure' into real life it means thousands of civilian deaths(like the kids in the OP).

But really, this gets into an endless argument becuase it highlights the real diffrence bettween conservatives and liberals, to conservatives the world is a big video game that the US is trying to 'win'. For Liberals, the world is filled with real people whose lives actually matter to them just as much as our lives matter to us.

Oh yeah, this brings me to a question for you guys. What is the goal? Like what is the ultimate goal of this strike by Isreal, is it really to Eliminate Hezbollah? If so, can you explain how this course of action will eliminate them?
Ahem. The US did take California from Mexico.

The US would certainly not call in the UN to kee the peace, nor would it just sit back and wait for the guerillas with their primitive weapons to get better weapons.  The US would strategically bomb sites from which the guerillas operated and the infrastructure the guerillas used and THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. No one would expect the US to tie their hands behind their back to fight an enemy that doesnt care about civilian death.  If Mexico couldnt do anything about it, the responsibility falls on the US to protect its security.
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2006, 01:58:24 AM »
is your name mel......mel gibson perhaps?

relax....it's a joke.

My last name is JACOBS. Half my family is Jewish.

f-ing traitor.  the arabs kill your likes on a daily basis...

"The Arabs," trollik?

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2006, 01:59:12 AM »
Your icon is a picture of a gun with the word "drool" under it.

This is your best point so far, OSP.

oldskewlphool

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2006, 04:00:45 AM »
Your icon is a picture of a gun with the word "drool" under it.

This is your best point so far, OSP.

I just started posting on message boards a lot recently, what does OSP mean?

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2006, 11:54:04 AM »

It's an abbreviation of your name.  :P

oldskewlphool

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2006, 12:00:55 PM »

It's an abbreviation of your name.  :P

haha, oh I see.  :)

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2006, 12:23:37 PM »
Isreal has killed three times more civilians than Hezbollah so it is pretty clear which side cares less about civilian deaths.

And the US may have taken CA from Mexico but the situation is hardley analagous to Isreal taking Palestine from the Palestinians. Isreal, just 60ish years ago randomly killed thousands of people and displaced millions of others in order to found their "country" and even today they continue the brutal occupation of palestinian territory.

Today, Isreal continues to use it's superpowerful(US Funded) military to destroy anybody who stands in there way(All muslims)

America's continued support of Isreal is the worst foriegn policy blunder that we have ever made. Trying to establish good relations with Arab states while supporting isreal is like trying to swim with an anchor tied to your ankle.

Isreal is wrong, the whole world has realized this but the US is just a little behind the curve.
Nasrallah is that you?

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2006, 02:24:10 PM »
So you admit Nasrallah is a terrorist?

The fact that Israel has killed more people does not refute the fact that Hezbollah intentionally targets civilians and hides amongst civilian populations because it believes civilian deaths advance their cause.