Law School Discussion

just took the Bar

just took the Bar
« on: July 30, 2006, 10:52:12 AM »
I just took the Bar this week.  Study for the bar, and taking the bar, really sucks.  Not as much as first year will, but it does suck. 
Try not to worry about it now, because your first year will be difficult enough, and thinking about the bar doesn't really help.

However, I'll throw two cents in.
Most people told me not to take upper level classes just because they are on the bar.  Just take the classes you want to take, and you can learn and re-learn the stuff for the six weeks of preparation for the bar, like everyone else does.

I think that they were mostly right, but it's still a good idea to take a few bar friendly classes, assuming you can think of any other reason you'd want to take the class.  Most useful, in any state, are evidence and criminal procedure.  I took those classes, and enjoyed them.  It saved me a lot of studying at bar time. 
For New York, it would have been helpful if I took trusts (and so many people take it, even though it's boring), decedents' estates (ie wills), or domestic relations. 
As for your state, ask around.

The Bar exam really sucks, but your first year is much worse.

aerynn

• Wait, what?
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn
    • Email
Re: just took the Bar
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 11:00:47 AM »
Good luck!  It sounds like you studied hard for it, so I am sure you will pass. :)