Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where are you living, how much is rent, how many people are you living with?  (Read 6898 times)

davoarid

• View Profile
    • Email
Grand Forks, ND. I split a 3-bedroom apartment with 3 other people (two are a couple who share a bedroom). Each month, with rent, cable, internet, utilities, etc.... I pay $310. Oh, I love North Dakota. :)

spicealicious

• Sr. Citizen
  • The LSAT is the work of the devil.
    • View Profile
$1470 3bed/3bath, everything included.. Baton Rouge

jillibean

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile
4/4- each rent is individual at $800 a month. On-campus housing
UMiami c/o 2010

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile

:o :o :o
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

jillibean

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile

what? Is that a lot? I've never had to pay rent before so I considered that a good deal
UMiami c/o 2010

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile

what? Is that a lot? I've never had to pay rent before so I considered that a good deal

i pat 750 for a 1 bedroom place of my own on the water

so yeah it seems kinda pricey.

but, meeami is more $$$ than tampa...
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Ann Arbor.  $900 for a 1 bedroom apartment that's everything I was looking for.  Includes heat and water, brand new kitchen was renovated last year (included dishwasher), large living room, my own seperate entrance, and access to a deck.  The location is perfect, in Kerrytown, just around the corner from Zingerman's and the farmer's market.  I love it.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
Ann Arbor.  $900 for a 1 bedroom apartment that's everything I was looking for.  Includes heat and water, brand new kitchen was renovated last year (included dishwasher), large living room, my own seperate entrance, and access to a deck.  The location is perfect, in Kerrytown, just around the corner from Zingerman's and the farmer's market.  I love it.

can i sleep over???

As for me, $856 a month for my room in a 2 bed apt owned by Columbia.  I have a big room, and my roomie and I have lots of closet space and natural lighting as well as a big living room.  And our rooms are on separate sides of the apt so that's great!
Columbia 3L

rtqw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ann Arbor here - a bit less than three quarters of a mile north of the Law Quad. Paying $640 plus utilities for my share of a 2BR, living with one other person.
University of Michigan Law School, Class of 2010
LSN

Butters Stotch

• Sr. Citizen
  • Well you can all just go to heck.
    • View Profile

That's actually cheaper than FIU's on-campus housing.  I thought about doing that, but I decided against it; from what I remember about dorm life, they pretty much lock you out or kick you out every time there's a holiday, and you have to move out the day after classes end (at least that's how it was at Alabama).

ETA:  I can say from my research that you're NOT going to find your own apartment in Miami for $800 a month, though.  At least not one located anywhere you'd want to live.
I don't want to do it if it hurts or if it makes you get all sticky.