Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where are you living, how much is rent, how many people are you living with?  (Read 6705 times)

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I thought it would be interesting to see how much rent differs in different parts of the country.

My room mates & I don't have a place yet but the 3 of us will be living in Orange, California (we're attending Chapman). Most likely we will have a 3 bedroom for about $2100 which means I'll probably paying something like $700+ utilities/month for my own room.

Where are you living?

How much is rent?

How many people are you living with?

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Philadelphia. I'm paying $975/month (including utilities) to live by myself in a doorman building downtown. I figure if I'm already going to be up to my eyeballs in debt, might as well live somewhere nice  ;)
Penn Law '09

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Philadelphia. I'm paying $975/month (including utilities) to live by myself in a doorman building downtown. I figure if I'm already going to be up to my eyeballs in debt, might as well live somewhere nice  ;)

That sounds really nice! And its not too expensive (at least by So Cal standards).  (Nice) 1 bedroom apts in So Cal are around $1100 + utilities!

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

That sounds really nice! And its not too expensive (at least by So Cal standards).  (Nice) 1 bedroom apts in So Cal are around $1100 + utilities!

Yeah, it's not too bad, though much more than im accustomed to paying. Also, I'm living in a studio, but it's an "executive" studio, which is the same size of their one bedroom apartments (600 square feet), just laid out differently. I'm moving in on Tuesday, so hopefully I like it!
Penn Law '09

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's not too bad, though much more than im accustomed to paying. Also, I'm living in a studio, but it's an "executive" studio, which is the same size of their one bedroom apartments (600 square feet), just laid out different. I'm moving in on Tuesday, so hopefully I like it!

I'm sure you will. It sounds great!

stephanie says...

• Sr. Citizen
  • puppy monster <3
    • View Profile
st louis. 625/mo for a 2bedroom in a cute brick fourplex. im also living by myself.

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I pay zero dollars because I live with my parents.

You're the luckiest of us all. I would have done the same if I was going to law schol in the same city where my parents are living.

stephanie says...

• Sr. Citizen
  • puppy monster <3
    • View Profile
i would rather go into debt than move into my parents house for 3 yers. ugh.

More

• View Profile
The top two floors of a house in Newton, west of Boston.

Four guys, one girl, and oh yes, ONE BATHROOM.  All the fun you can muster for $460/mo/person.

I'm actually pretty excited, they're all real chill young professionals, which I think might be nice as an escape from the law school crowd.  Although I'm probably going to have to pee in a bush at some point.
BC '09
because no one does it like a Jesuit

sck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Not in law school yet, but...

890/month + utilities for an 1100 sf two-bedroom in north Houston. Washer and dryer and microwave included... it's a nice place -- I lived in the complex already, and it's on a lake. Two people, but I suspect by the time we pay electricity, cable, phone, etc it might run us a good 550/each.
LSN
Nontrad, with a crazy split