Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Most Impressive Way to get off WL  (Read 5730 times)

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
Re: The Most Impressive Way to get off WL
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2007, 08:43:53 PM »
I'm guessing that anything too creative / "impressive" / original (such as haikus) are just going to make them annoyed and send you to the rejection bin. Schools usually have a quite long wait list for a very few spots (Rutgers-N admitted approx 12 people off the wait list last cycle). Best way would probably be to retake the LSAT, second best just emphasis your desire to stay, maybe reinforce this point by being honest enough to say that "I was rejected from <good school>, but have gotten an offer from <little less good school>" etc, to actually show that they ARE your first choice.

Money, baby

• You make bunny cry...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2007, 07:50:33 AM »
....and I just got WL on by my #1.  *cry.*

Oooh, ouch, sorry gratif  :(
"And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs. And you're thinking to yourself, you don't know what to do, man. "I don't know how to kill the bunny."

jpw8v

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 05:07:26 PM »
This is what a man did to get off the waitlist (a few years ago)... UVA Law put him on the waitlist, and when he was sitting at a bus stop near the law school in Charlottesville he heard a guy talking about how he had planned on going to UVA Law the next year but was going to have to drop out becuase his father was sick.  The waitlisted guy asked for the man's name, went straight to the admissions office and said "I just talked to Joe Schmo and he isn't coming here anymore, can I have his spot".  ANd they let him in.  True story.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 05:38:11 PM »
Yeah, sure it's a true story. Just like the woman who just walked in to the Dean's office at UPenn and offered to pay tuition right away. Because the most difficult thing for UPenn is to actually find people willing to pay tuition to fill up classes.

the always open mouth

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2007, 11:53:08 PM »
If I retook the LSAT it would be my third test. Would this not be in good judgement?

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 09:17:39 AM »
If you make a decent improvement I don't see a problem in it, really. There's another topic on a similar issue with someone taking their 4th, and people didn't seem too concerned about that either. Although if you score 3 tests very evenly you've largely solidified you in that area in the eyes of adcoms I guess.

Jen2bJD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2007, 01:53:48 PM »
I would think that taking the test three times would become more common with the new ABA policy. You get to keep your highest score, so why not take it if you think you can improve?

the always open mouth

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2007, 02:47:23 PM »
Thanks guys, but it looks like late registration for the June 11th test ended on May 18th, so I guess I'm S.O.L.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007, 08:15:29 AM »
You could always try contacting the LSAC and smooch up to them I guess. No idea if they do make exceptions or not, but worth case scenario you've wasted a 50 cent phone call.